I am coming back — R Voice

I am coming back

Yufita Chinta
Yufita Chinta Member Posts: 156 ✭✭✭✭

Hello there...Does any of you who knows me miss me? 😁

I have been on a long long break from academia, research, and RVoice due to the concern for my mental health. I am coming back with a much fresher me.

I think I have missed a lot in RVoice since I took the break, but I know RVoice turns to 1. I am at a right time to celebrate then. RVoice has been growing up so much with a lot of new members. Here is my meet-greet for the new members.

Hi! My name is Yufita Chinta. 

I am a post-doctoral fellow at Hokkaido Univ-Japan. I love (maybe😋) being a researcher because I can unlimitedly explore my curiosity. I joined R Voice because I had stressful days during my PhD and need somebody with similar experiences to talk to. On R Voice, I am looking for a warm space to remind me how to do self-care and well-being and to share my experiences and emotions. I am going to do a new project about "smart agriculture" which is not my field. I will be very glad if someone with "smart agriculture" knowledge could discuss it with me.

It’s great to meet you all, and I’m happy to be here. 😊

Once again, Happy Anniversary RVoice. Love you so much 😘

Comments

• chris leonard
    chris leonard Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 168 admin

YAYYY! Welcome back @Yufita Chinta - lovely to see you!

• Yufita Chinta

than you @chris leonard. I see that you're busier now because you are hanging your phone 😁

• Andrea Hayward
    Andrea Hayward Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 941 admin

Hi @Yufita Chinta! So happy to see you on R Voice again. You were definitely missed ❤️

I'm so glad to hear that you took a break to focus on yourself. I'm sure it wasn't an easy decision to make. But I'm happy that it gave you the time and space you needed, and that you're back feeling much better. Big hug for you 🤗

Like you said, your timing is perfect as we're still celebrating our 1 Year Anniversary. Welcome back!

• Kakoli Majumder
    Kakoli Majumder Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 312 admin

Yayyyy! So glad you're back Yufita! We were missing having you around. But I'm glad you decided to take a break from all things related to research and take care of your mental health. And I'm really happy that you're feeling refreshed and recharged once again! Welcome back!!!

• Yufita Chinta

Thank you @Andrea Hayward and @Kakoli Majumder for the warm welcome. After taking a break, I get a lesson that leaving research and its world for a while is not a crime as I thought.

• Gayatri Ramachandran
    Gayatri Ramachandran Member Posts: 217 ✭✭✭

"...leaving research and its world for a while is not a crime"- very well said @Yufita Chinta! I know how that feels coz Ive been there too and done that. Though my supervisor tried her best to make me feel I wouldn't have a "good" life beyond research, I took it up as a challenge to prove her wrong and so I did!Yay🤩.

Research does turn into that life-sucking-dementor sometimes and that is when you rightly need a break- away- from -the -chains to liberate yourself and yourself alone. Im so so happy you did that. So I'm glad you're glad about the "fresher" you☺️. I'm sure your research career will be on a new, happy terrain now with the break. All the very best! And good to meet you 🤝

• Yufita Chinta

Hi, @Gayatri Ramachandran. Glad to meet you and glad to know someone who has ever taken the same action (take a break) due to mental health. Yes, I am happy for the "fresher" me ☺️. Be happy to you too 🤗

• Jayashree Rajagopalan
    Jayashree Rajagopalan Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 319 admin

Yufitaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa welcome back @Yufita Chinta. I am so happy and relieved to hear from you. You do have great timing - you've ended your sabbatical just as R Voice turns 1. Yes, so much has happened here on R Voice - a bigger community, more conversations. I hope we get to meet on one of the CoCo time sessions. I have missed you here. But more importantly, I was happy learn that you decided to take a break to focus on yourself. It mustn't have been an easy decision to make, I am certain. We often forget to give ourselves the importance we deserve. I trust this break was what you needed at this time. Very happy to have you back. A warm welcome once again!

• Vivien Kretz
    Vivien Kretz Member Posts: 251 ✭✭✭

It is so nice to meet you @Yufita Chinta . From what I can read here, you were terribly missed on RVoice and there is many reasons why! I am so looking forward to the conversations we will have on here. :)

You should be proud of taking that mental health break and like @Gayatri Ramachandran , it is really important to not listen to anyone else when it comes to your mental health. You know what is best for you and no one else is in your body, your heart and your head.

I am happy that break has left you refreshed Yufita. 😊

• Yufita Chinta

ow....what a lovely warm welcome from @Jayashree Rajagopalan Thank you. I've been missing you in R Voice too. Hopefully, I can actively join CoCo time and other events in the future again.

• Yufita Chinta

Hi @Vivien Kretz nice to meet you here. Thank you for giving me a warm welcome and positive thoughts. Yes, yes, yes....none knows me better than me.