What do R Voicers have to say about their journey on OuR Voice? — R Voice

What do R Voicers have to say about their journey on OuR Voice?

Kakoli Majumder
Kakoli Majumder Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 296 admin

As we complete one year of our journey on R Voice, let's take a trip down memory lane and see what our journey has been like. It seems just yesterday when we had our first Founding Members' Meet and launched our baby with a lot of anticipation....We only had a handful of Founding Members and Early Members back then, and each morning, we would eagerly check the platform for new members and new conversations. And what fabulous conversations we've had! Every conversation has shown how much we care for each other - we've shared our joys and sorrows, successes and frustrations with the community and have always been showered with warmth, care, encouragement, and motivation.

As we complete one year, it'd be nice to take a look back at what R Voicers have said about R Voice at different points during the course of this journey. Here are some snippets handpicked from your posts, comments and conversations with us where you've showed your love and support for the community:

Comments

• Vivien Kretz
    Vivien Kretz Member Posts: 241 ✭✭✭
    edited April 24

I love these beautiful quotes and I agree with every single one of them! Let's keep up the supportive vibes! 😊 I am so excited to see where R Voice goes.

• Karen Hall
    Karen Hall Member Posts: 14 ✭✭

me to,me spot on comments

• Juan Carlos Torres-Galván
    Juan Carlos Torres-Galván Member Posts: 13 ✭✭

thank you very much for share this and create this community that is very important for a lot of us, is not easy at least for me to give me some time to take care myself because you have always deadlines, things to do, fighthing for have another month with a grant, teaching for obtain more experience...

• Andrea Hayward
    Andrea Hayward Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 881 admin

@Juan Carlos Torres-Galván thank you so much for your kind words about R Voice! Glad this community can serve as a safe escape when you need a break from all the looming deadlines and a never-ending to- do list.

• Adaora Anyichie - Odis
    Adaora Anyichie - Odis Member Posts: 127 ✭✭✭✭

Hi! My name is Dr. Adaora Isabella Odis

I am an Independent researcher, WHO Fellow on COVID - 19 Recovery for routine immunization programs, 2022 WIMBIZ Mentor, a mother of 3, and a Wife.

I love being a researcher because it makes me find out about problems in different communities and how to solve them.

I joined R Voice because of the first webinar on mental health I was privileged to attend virtually. 

On R Voice, I am looking for publication advice, tips on self-care and wellbeing, collaborators, and networking.

It’s great to meet you all, and I’m happy to be here!

• Vivien Kretz

I understand this very much. It is so hard to sit back at times and enjoy the process when you are hastily running from one responsibility to the next. You are never alone.

Hi @Adaora Anyichie - Odis How can you do so much things? I'm single, no kids and sometimes i think is so complicated to complete all the tasks

And I really appreciate!!! It feels so good to know that there is other guys like me having the same troubles and doing amazing things, you only can learn and support the others like they support you

• Adaora Anyichie - Odis
    Adaora Anyichie - Odis Member Posts: 127 ✭✭✭✭

I try my best to strike a balance. For example, the first quarter of the year was very stressful for me. I published 2 articles, took 4 online courses to upskill and collaborated with ADEIN Team to work on a research yet to be published.

This second quarter, I am taking things very easy by practicing more of the soft life style. My WIMBIZ mentorship is virtually done, WHO fellowship is done virtually too which gives me time for school run and also monitor my Children's academics and run my home effectively as a Wife and Mum.

• Vivien Kretz

I thought the same thing to myself lol- she's a superwoman! 😊