Introduction — R Voice

Introduction

“Hello! My name is Sargun Bedi

I am a PhD student at Chandigarh Univeristy, India and also the founder of Lucid Mind Counselling

I currently live in Delhi NCR -chandigarh, India. Basically hopping on and off between these two cities due to academia and work aligned at both ends.

My research area is attachment styles and romantic relationships.

What I like best about my work is that I am always trying to understand the underlined meanings to life and with what I am doing in my research is the same. Not looking at understanding the obvious visible complications in romantic relationships but how individually one carries all that contributes to dissatisfaction in romantic relationship at an individual level while overall, the satisfaction still could be high romantically.  

I am a speaker, author and also a behavioural trainer apart from being a psychologist. When I’m not working on my research, I like to upskill myself, so I read, utilise time in online business interactions and as I run my private practice, I take up individual and couple counselling sessions and otherwise tied up with corporate engagements. When I am not working at all, which is rare haha, I spend as much time I can with my grandmother and explore places over TEA and chats. Others things I enjoy include travelling, watching interesting shows and trying different cuisines.

It’s great to be here. And I look forward to getting to know each of you better 

Comments

• Jayashree Rajagopalan
    Jayashree Rajagopalan Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 319 admin

Hi @Sargun Bedi! Welcome to R Voice. I am Jayashree and I am one of the hosts here. It's always exciting to welcome a new voice here. What a fantastic introduction! You've told us just enough about what you do to make us more curious 😀 It's great to hear you'd pursuing a PhD - from what you've said it looks like you're pursuing your passion. I am intrigued by both your research area and professional pursuits. It feels like a journey full of insights and learnings from your academic and professional roles. Romantic relationships are complex at best and understanding attachment styles seems like an interesting way to examine them in a different light. As you can clearly see, I am fascinated by your work and study.

Love the range of activities you immerse yourself in. I am especially curious about the conversations you have with your grandmother. I missed growing up with/around mine and always love hearing from others. I also wonder how you manage to get so much done! What kind of shows do you like to watch? I am addicted to shows about crime, astronomy, food, and anime.

It's great to have you here. I look forward to some very interesting conversations with you here on R Voice. This is a safe space for many to just be themselves. I am sure you'll make some great connections here. Why don't you join a CoCo (Community Coffee) session? We have one every Friday and R Voice folks just get on a call for very casual chit chat and laughs.

• Andrea Hayward
    Andrea Hayward Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 941 admin

Welcome to R Voice @Sargun Bedi 😊 Thank you for the wonderful introduction! I can express how excited I am to welcome a psychologist into the community. I come from a similar educational background and although I didn't pursue it professionally, I still feel very strongly about the subject and field.

Your research area is very fascinating. I remember learning about attachment styles and interpersonal relationships during my Bacherlor's. I'm sure it was nowhere close to the depth and level of understanding you've reached. So I'd love to hear more about what you're working on.

I can't imagine how difficult it must be to balance your PhD and practice! But I'm happy to see that you manage to find time for a variety of other interests. Do you watch any shows related to Psychology? I've been looking for some good recommendations 😃

• Vivien Kretz
    Vivien Kretz Member Posts: 251 ✭✭✭

Hi @Sargun Bedi ! So nice to meet you! I must say, I find your research about romantic relationships very very interesting! I would love to learn more about how individual hardships of people influence their position in a romantic relationship. I love that you spend a lot of time with your grandmother, I can relate. I also love trying new foods! I am looking forward to meeting you at one of the events here maybe at some time :)