How do you ease yourself into work on a Monday? - Page 2 — R Voice

How do you ease yourself into work on a Monday?

Comments

• Raj sundaram
    Raj sundaram Member Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭

@Dahlia T - Yep, Mon'daze' needs to be trademarked.

I see a fullscale merch business here...or at least a subreddit. Poking you, @Andrea Hayward and @Jayashree Rajagopalan 👉️

And if possible a crazy cryptocurrency created on the basis of and fuelled by memes on bitching about Mondays. 🤣

• Andrea Hayward
    Andrea Hayward Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 943 admin

Hahaha @Raj sundaram subtle... I see you! 😋 Hint received with sufficient urgency lol

• Shruti Turner
    Shruti Turner Member Posts: 465 ✭✭✭✭✭

Okay - so I haven't had "that. Monday feeling" or "Mon-daze" for a long time...it has hit today. I assume it's because this is the first Monday where I'm actually employed so I don't feel like I can just lounge around and hope Monday passes, or the fact that it's rainy and grey and I just don't want to open up the code that I have to do....either way...

My sincerest mondolences to you all - hope you all have a half-decent day!

• Raj sundaram

Congratulations on the first day of actual employment, @Shruti Turner. 👏

And welcome to the Mon-Daze of Mondays. However, as they say - this too shall pass. Mondays give way to Tuesdays and the days thereafter, inevitably. 😉

Nevertheless, Mondolences are necessary to survive Mondays.

Mondolences to all. And virtual hugs. Have a great week ahead. 😊

• Erwin Mina
    Erwin Mina Member Posts: 4

Dear @Andrea Hayward, I do like your question! Well, starting a day on Monday is relaxing. Before going back to my academic and scientific tasks, I used to have a visit to my small garden grabbing anything that makes me dirty. This moment, especially in the morning, relaxes my whole body that helps my good vibes extracted in full to work well in a busy world of instruction, research and extension later. Kudos everyone.

• Shruti Turner

Thank you, @Raj sundaram. As expected, I made it through Monday! Tuesday is feeling similar..I think perhaps I just am not used to the world of employment. It is weird because my days are very similar, it's just that I know I have to work rather than that I am choosing to now 😂

• Andrea Hayward

@Shruti Turner oh no, I'm sorry to hear that you had a case of the "MonDaze" this week. But like Raj said, it's perfectly normal to feel this way and this too shall pass. I hope the new job is treating you well and that you're liking your time there!

I have to add that my Monday was fairly pleasant this week. And I have YOU and you suggestion to thank for it! Over the last couple of weeks, I've been making a to-do list for Monday, as I'm shutting shop for the week on the previous Friday. It's really helped me -- I'm no longer scrambling on a Monday morning, trying to figure out what I need to do. I also try and go a tad bit easier on myself on Mondays now and try to REALLY experience the richness of a Monday morning and a new week (without thinking about work) before trying to be productive. ☺️

• Shruti Turner

Thank you @Andrea Hayward - thankfully the new job feels very comfortable as it's in the same lab with the same supervisor as my PhD. I think I am easing in and it will pick up soon!

I'm so glad the lists are helping your Mondays become more pleasant! The power of a good list should never be underestimated 😂 I feel that giving ourselves the mental space to take it easy can really change a whole day, without that pressure we put on ourselves it allows our mind to flow a bit. (I read back and this sounds a lot more philosophical than I expected!) It makes me so happy to see your Mondays transition into something more positive. Mongratulations!

• Andrea Hayward

Thanks so much @Shruti Turner! "The power of a good list should never be underestimated 😂" - Hear Hear!

• Dahlia T
    Dahlia T Member Posts: 93 ✭✭✭✭

@Yufita Chinta ...Happy Friday my friend 🦋

I am purposefully driven to water the soil to grow the seed that is already planted. 

• Yufita Chinta
    Yufita Chinta Member Posts: 167 ✭✭✭✭

It's been Sunday when I open your comment, @Dahlia T

I think we need to continue greeting each other every monday with 'mondolence' or 'mon-daze' and every friday with 'happy friday' 😂. I suggest to create a permanent corner for it, @Andrea Hayward 😂

I've been through the other comments too. Congratulation, @Shruti Turner. I wish you a great and fun new experiences as Miss Shruti Turner, Ph.D. (wow.....cool name 🤩)

• Andrea Hayward

@Yufita Chinta I love the idea of wishing each other "Happy Friday" 😃

Maybe this Friday, I'll start a post in which we can all share what we plan to do over the weekend. What do you think?

• Shruti Turner

@Yufita Chinta Thank you!! Still soon to be PhD...I have to get through my defence first!! Almost there :)

• Andrea Hayward

@Gustavo Arluna I noticed on another thread that you said you'd never heard of "Mondolences" so I had to tag you here on the discussion where it all started. 😃

P.S. This is @Jayashree Rajagopalan's invention!

• Gustavo Arluna
    Gustavo Arluna Member Posts: 123 ✭✭✭

@Andrea Hayward thank you for bringing me to this historical thread 😁

But I noticed that @Raj sundaram used the word "Mon-Daze" while @Shruti Turner used the word "mondolences". And I didn't see any @Jayashree Rajagopalan message. 😮🤔

• Andrea Hayward

@Erwin Mina I'm sorry, I missed your comment. I just came across it. Thank you for adding to this thread! 🙂

Visiting your garden and being around plants and nature sounds like a fantastic way to start the week! I'd love to see a picture of your garden, if you don't mind sharing one. 😃

• Shruti Turner

@Gustavo Arluna It's a long thread..I think you'll have to go back to page 1 for the full history!! I wish I could claim credit for such genius. Alas, I can not.

• Gustavo Arluna

@Shruti Turner haha, OK, I have to do it.

Sorry @Jayashree Rajagopalan ! 😅😁👍

• Jayashree Rajagopalan
    Jayashree Rajagopalan Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 319 admin

LOLLLL - thanks for being there for me @Shruti Turner @Raj sundaram @Andrea Hayward - you're the best. @Gustavo Arluna this thread got quite the conversation and there's indeed more than one page to look at. 😁

• Yufita Chinta

An awesome idea, @Andrea Hayward. I am looking forward to jumping into the corner.

@Shruti Turner , ganbarre!! (have the spirit!!_Japanese's translation) for your defense. I am cheering you up with pom poms virtually 😁

• Andrea Hayward

@Yufita Chinta since this discussion is your brainchild, I think I'd be more comfortable if you posted it. But I promise to be the first one to comment 😄

• Raj sundaram

@Andrea Hayward Looks like we are going to have a friendly competition on who is going to comment first on @Yufita Chinta 's post on "happy Friday, TGIF!" 🤣

• Yufita Chinta

I have posted my brainchild.....🤣

• Andrea Hayward

LOL @Raj sundaram I just saw this comment. So in my defense, I didn't really know about the friendly competition when I posted my comment 😋

• Raj sundaram

Tehehehehe....that is how competitions are won - by competing without thinking or knowing about competing. 😂

Congratulations on winning the gold! 🏆️🥇🤩

PS. I am celebrating my silver. 😂🥈

• Andrea Hayward

Hahaha @Raj sundaram since there are clearly NO RULES to this competition, I'm going to extend the first place slot on this podium and make room for us both. And we could cut the gold medal into two parts -- Hello Matching Lockets! 😋

• Andrea Hayward

@Shruti Turner @Raj sundaram @Yufita Chinta @Dahlia T @Gustavo Arluna I recently posted this via a Twitter account I manage and I wanted to share it here on this thread because I believe it can really help with Mondolences and MonDaze. Hope you like it :)

• Gustavo Arluna

Wow! I love when messages are short but powerful. (I guess you have no other choice on Twitter😅).

Number 3 is what I am needing right now. Sometimes I forget about my skills and I feel like I start from scratch. Of course, that's not true, but our minds sometimes play tricks on us, that's why it's good to have these short but powerful messages near us. I think I should print it.

Thanks for sharing, @Andrea Hayward ! :)

• Yufita Chinta

@Andrea Hayward I love your post. So true... And thank you for putting 'breathe' in the first place. It is a nailed reminder for me, who sometimes forget that I need to breathe too even during the weekday. In other words are 'hey, breathe is not only for weekend, Chinta!!'

Happy the day after celebrating mondolences and mondaze 😜