What have you done today that made a co-worker happy? — R Voice

What have you done today that made a co-worker happy?

Kakoli Majumder
Kakoli Majumder Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 38 admin

Let's try to spread positivity and cheer around us in our day-to-day lives - let's try to make workplaces happier in academia. Share one small thing that have you done today that made a co-worker happy. Could be something like helping clear a doubt, volunteering to make coffee for them, or even a joke that worked as a stress-buster. It's the little things that matter. :)

Answers

• Isurika Sevwandi
    Isurika Sevwandi Member Posts: 40 ✭✭✭

Today I shared a data base with my co-worker that I developed alone but was useful to her. She didn't even know that I had already developed it so I could save her precious time and she could easily utilize it and complete her task soon.

• Raj sundaram
    Raj sundaram Member Posts: 117 ✭✭✭✭

We all being sweets to share. There's always stress food available here at our office. 🤣

Recently I saw a new KitKat flavor (whole digestive and milk chocolate mixed), got excited and bought it to share with my coworkers...forgetting that one of my co-workers doesn't like milk chocolate. Then, I noticed she didn't take it...and remembered dang it!🤣

So...got her her favourite flavor - matcha. And she was very happy. More than the KitKat, I think it's because she noted that I noticed, remembered, and cared. Recently things have started getting stressful again with too many tasks and deadlines. Small gestures and care go a long way maintaining the morale and spirit of the team. 💗🧡❤️

• Dahlia T
    Dahlia T Member Posts: 47 ✭✭✭

A lab mate has been feeling especially isolated of late. We are all still working from home and often go for days without 'seeing' anyone or having a 'random, regular' chat. I went out of my comfort zone and gave them my personal phone number, letting them know they can text or call ...if they just wanted to hear a friendly voice 🌺

I am purposefully driven to water the soil to grow the seed that is already planted. 

• Raj sundaram

Love what you did for your co-worker, @Dahlia T 💗 Pretty sure your co-worker really appreciates that you cared to not just notice but also made the effort to reach out - beyond your own life-issues in these trying times. Awesome! Hope your labmate connects and starts feeling better soon! Sending virtual hugs to you both!

Thank you for sharing this with us. Hearing about gestures like these (that may seem small - but are actually profound) restores (my) faith in humans. 😊

• Aysa MC
    Aysa MC Member Posts: 16 ✭✭✭
    edited March 20

HAHAAAA, haven seen the question, I decided to answer soon an email which I didn't want to... 🐽 That's not very nice, but that's it. And it's been a kind email... just if that scores better. 😱🤣

🙈🙈🙈

• Isurika Sevwandi
    Isurika Sevwandi Member Posts: 40 ✭✭✭
    edited March 20

Quick response with a bit of kindness feels like a delicious piece of cake for a starving mind, Aysa😊

• Raj sundaram

Love what you did for your co-worker, @Dahlia T 💗 Pretty sure your co-worker really appreciates that you cared to not just notice but also made the effort to reach out - beyond your own life-issues in these trying times. Awesome! Hope your labmate connects and starts feeling better soon! Sending virtual hugs to you both!

Thank you for sharing this with us. Hearing about gestures like these (that may seem small - but are actually profound) restores (my) faith in humans. 😊