Important Announcement – The R Voice Community will soon have a new home!  — R Voice

Important Announcement – The R Voice Community will soon have a new home! 

Kakoli Majumder
Kakoli Majumder Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 341 admin

Hi everyone! I have an important announcement regarding ouR Voice.  

When we started this community, we could’ve never imagined how much it would grow and how many researchers would begin to think of R Voice as their safe space. All this has been possible only because of YOU, your kindness, and your constant support. We’re so very grateful for you and would like to thank each of you for being an active part of this community!  

But in any community, with growth comes change and a particularly big change is just around the corner for the R Voice Community. Now, I don’t want you to worry at all. I assure you that this is definitely not the end of R Voice. It’s more of a detour. The community while staying intact, is simply moving to a different home. The same community, same connections, same conversations, and most importantly, same warmth and support, but in a different location. 

We’ve decided to go back to where it all started – the Researcher Voice Facebook Group. This is where many of our community members began their R Voice journey and some of you are still members too. This group is very much alive and over the next few months, we plan to reignite this community with new conversations and activities. All of this is very exciting for us. But R Voice just wouldn’t be the same, if you’re not part of it. And this is precisely why we’d love for you to continue being an integral part of R Voice and be part of this transition!  

I’m sure you’ll all have questions and I’d like to pre-answer some of these. 

Why we’re making this transition  

We love our community in its current form and the platform on which it is hosted has served many of our community’s needs. Still, the platform is not without issues. In fact, many of our community members have helped us identify some of these gaps. We’ve been trying to get them resolved over the last few months. Unfortunately, our vision and needs in terms of features simply doesn’t align with the platform’s scope. So after much thought and deliberation, we’ve decided to take this step.  

How you can be part of this transition 

I’m going to break this down for you to make it as easy as possible. To be part of this change, all you have to do is:   

• Visit the R Voice Facebook Group – https://www.facebook.com/groups/researchervoice  
  • Click on the “Join Group” button 
  • This will lead you to three quick questions  
  • On answering these questions, you’ll be admitted into the group 
  • Welcome – You’ve now moved into our new home! 

You may be wondering why you need to answer the questions to be able to join? Well, our Facebook Group is a closed one and we will be closely moderating new requests to join. Answering the three joining questions will help us ensure that R Voice continues to remain a private community and a safe place for researchers.  

(Please note - If you don’t already have a Facebook account, you will have to create one first, before you can join the group) 

I’m sure you understand that we’d hate for the R Voice community to be divided across 2 separate platforms. Given this, we plan to close the chapter on this platform and focus solely on the new one. Of course, we’d like to give you some time to process this change. So we’ll only be supporting this platform until December 15.  

 So, how are you feeling about all this? We hope that you’ll explore our new community and make this transition with us. In case you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me personally or post them in the comments.   

We look forward to seeing all of you on the R Voice Facebook Group! 🙂