Hello! — R Voice

Hello!

Mriganka Awati
Mriganka Awati Member Posts: 6

Hi everyone!

My name is Mriganka Awati and I am a Senior Writer in the Editage Insights team. I help researchers by creating and reviewing content about scholarly communications and anything else related to academic life. In the past, I worked with the life science editing team at Editage, lead-authored books on academic writing for researchers in Japan and China, and was part of large-scale researcher survey projects.

While I'm passionate about effective communication of research because of my background, I also care deeply about topics such as research culture and researcher well-being. I've just joined R Voice and hope to learn more about researcher journeys and experiences!

I live in Mumbai, India; love to read; and have a dog who loves to give me company on long walks. :)

It's lovely to be part of this community!

Mriganka

Comments

• Andrea Hayward
    Andrea Hayward Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 941 admin

R Voicers, please join me in welcoming @Mriganka Awati to ouR Community! 😊

Mriganka has a wealth of experience and wisdom on all things academic publishing and scholarly communications. So don't shy away from tagging her in your posts and questions 😉

I have been fortunate to work with Mriganka over the last few years and learn from her. She has been a trusted colleague and a fantastic mentor to me. She played a very integral role in developing the CACTUS Mental Health Survey, which you're all familiar with.

@Mriganka Awati looking forward to seeing more of you on R Voice. You're going to love the conversations, I'm sure 🙂

• Mriganka Awati

Thanks @Andrea Hayward! I look forward to the conversations here as well. 😊

• Yufita Chinta
    Yufita Chinta Member Posts: 156 ✭✭✭✭

Welcome to R Voice @Mriganka Awati

I am based in Japan (don't know if this relates to this first conversation or not 🙃)

Looking forward to communicating with you here

• Mriganka Awati

Thank you, @Yufita Chinta! I remember you from one of the panel discussions Editage organized for last year's Peer Review Week; your views had resonated with me. Happy to have a chance to interact with you and everyone else here too. 😊

• Gayatri Ramachandran
    Gayatri Ramachandran Member Posts: 217 ✭✭✭

Hello @Mriganka Awati. I've known you through Editage for quite sometime now. Your thoughts are very relatable to my experiences, educative, and insightful on many levels as well😊. Glad to meet you here and would love to listen to what you have to add to MANY discussions/posts here while I'm sure you would have MANY MORE takeaways from this platform that will add much more value to your articles☺️

• Mriganka Awati

Glad to meet you too, @Gayatri Ramachandran! I'm sure I'll learn a lot from this community. 😊

• Gayatri Ramachandran
    Gayatri Ramachandran Member Posts: 217 ✭✭✭

That's nice @Mriganka Awati. I read the recent interview you have posted on Editage, with Anirban Chakraborthy. What he mentioned, I was very glad to see, was very much aligned with my interests as well - grant management (both pre- and post-award), research infrastructure management, research personnel management, and academic communications. Research infrastructure and research personnel management is something that I feel has a lot of scope for improvement in our research ecosystems (in India particularly).

• Mriganka Awati

@Gayatri Ramachandran, I'm happy you found this relevant!