The 7th Asian Science Editors’ Conference and Workshop 2022 — R Voice

The 7th Asian Science Editors’ Conference and Workshop 2022

Omololu FAGBADEBO
Omololu FAGBADEBO Member Posts: 185 ✭✭✭

Tune in to hear about Cactus Communications' insightful survey on the state of #Mentalhealth among #researchers at the 7th Asian Science Editors Conference & Workshop, organized by CASE and KCSE on 12th July. Keynote address by Andrea Hayward from our Global Community Engagement Team. Know more: http://ow.ly/9SOT50JRbhn

One thing at a time😍

Comments

• Andrea Hayward
    Andrea Hayward Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 941 admin

@Omololu FAGBADEBO I was going to post about this today but it seems like you beat me to it 😄

Thank you for sharing this with the community. I'm really looking forward to presenting results from the CACTUS Mental Health Survey at tomorrow's conference. For the first time ever, I'm going to especially focus on data collected from researchers working in Asian countries. Hope it is received well and all the attendees find it helpful :)

• Gayatri Ramachandran
    Gayatri Ramachandran Member Posts: 217 ✭✭✭

Hi Andrea, honestly thats one session for which I went like- "WOW, finally! Someone is going to present it out loud at a conference and get more people to discuss this in an Asian context". It was a BIG relief for me when the MH survey had actually happened🤩. I was sharing it like crazy with my peers😂, personally, so its importance is not missed in a group.

Please do share the questions (specially those that took you by surprise and made you ponder, if there were such queries and suggestions from the audience) and how it was received by the Asian audience. Would love to hear a detailed one @Andrea Hayward (of course only if you are comfy sharing them). Waiting eagerly!

• Andrea Hayward
    Andrea Hayward Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 941 admin

@Gayatri Ramachandran thanks so much! It really is a topic that needs to be discussed as much as possible. And I'm glad to have gotten the opportunity to talk about it at several events since 2021. Makes me feel like I'm doing my part to normalize conversations around mental health in academia. 😊

The presentation and survey findings were received very well by the audience. Many of them had very kind things to say about the survey itself. I feel like I've forgotten most of the questions I got. I was answering them one after the next and running on pure adrenaline. So I can't seem to remember the specifics right now 😅