Take note of this information. — R Voice

Take note of this information.

Omololu FAGBADEBO
Omololu FAGBADEBO Member Posts: 192 ✭✭✭

One thing at a time😍

Comments

• Vivien Kretz
    Vivien Kretz Member Posts: 283 ✭✭✭

Yes! I actively started to monitor physical sensations that could indicate something wrong with how I feel mentally and it goes such a long way!

• Andrea Hayward
    Andrea Hayward Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 943 admin

@Vivien Kretz Ditto! Whenever I start experiencing physical discomfort, I try to take a step back to see what could be causing it. Have I eaten enough and on time? When was the last time I took a break? Do I need to sleep? Have I had been drinking enough water today? Have I been sitting in this same spot for hours?

It really does help. I don't think we realize just how many physical symptoms are either brought on or aggravated by stress, and sometimes just removing ourselves from the stressful situation or distancing ourselves from the stress trigger is very effective.

Thanks for sharing this helpful image @Omololu FAGBADEBO! :)

• Kakoli Majumder
    Kakoli Majumder Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 341 admin

I spent years having neck and shoulder pain, digestive disorders, and frequent migraine attacks. Ended up in the loop of doctors, pathological tests, side-effects of medication which in turn took up a lot of time and added stress. It took me almost a decade and a major health crisis to finally take a step back and focus on myself. Five years down the line, my overall physical and mental health have improved significantly. I've now learned to take note of signs of stress and burnout early on and take a pause immediately. I'm a happier person now and make the people around me happy too, without pushing my limits. Thanks for sharing this @Omololu FAGBADEBO. We all need to take note of these little signs our body gives us.

• Omololu FAGBADEBO

Take your health back, @Kakoli Majumder . You are in charge. be the mater and give your body the deserve to rest and are.

One thing at a time😍

• Yufita Chinta
    Yufita Chinta Member Posts: 167 ✭✭✭✭

hi @Omololu FAGBADEBO, nice to know you

Thank you for sharing this. Yes, yes, I had them all once upon a time 😅 and back pain was the worst. I have the back pain sometimes recently, but it is because I sit down too much. Need a stand-up table, then.

• Omololu FAGBADEBO

@Yufita Chinta, apart from the stand-up table, whenever you are sitting down, make sure you stand up at intervals say 30 minutes to stretch your legs, arms, and body. It is not healthy to sit on a spot for a long time.

One thing at a time😍

• Yufita Chinta
    Yufita Chinta Member Posts: 167 ✭✭✭✭

@Omololu FAGBADEBO that is true. Thank you for the tips. Will do high self-discipline from today.

• Gayatri Ramachandran
    Gayatri Ramachandran Member Posts: 237 ✭✭✭

I could relate to EVERY WORD in all messages above by @Vivien Kretz @Andrea Hayward @Kakoli Majumder and @Yufita Chinta! One of THE best things I have improved upon this year is taking note of the first signs of self inflicted physical and mental harassment and immediately pause and do what is required. Like @Kakoli Majumder mentioned in a post on "half year resolutions" I must add I did my first half well with respect to this and have progressed half-way successfully! Yaaayyy🤩. All thanks to R Voice and members whom i keep acknowledging often for this wouldn't have happened if not for y'all🤗

• Andrea Hayward
    Andrea Hayward Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 943 admin

Someone in this thread, @Omololu FAGBADEBO said "Take your health back" and that hit me so hard, but in a good way. I've recently experienced this. I was experiencing some chronic pain in my lower abdomen and instead of ignoring it or waiting for it to go away, I was proactive and saw a doctor, got the medication I needed, made some lifestyle changes, and was sure to rest as much as possible until I fully recovered. Looking back, I feel like if I hadn't done this, it would've probably worsened and instead of taking 2 weeks to make a full recovery, I could've taken 2 months. Taking charge and being proactive in situations like these does help! Thanks for the reminder @Omololu FAGBADEBO ☺️