How can you write a research on Doctoral Degree in Professional Development? — R Voice

How can you write a research on Doctoral Degree in Professional Development?

This weekend things are great!

Anyone with views, how can a person write a doctoral degree research on professional development? Does it need a person to have completed many courses in different professional fields?😇

Comments

• Yufita Chinta
    Yufita Chinta Member Posts: 139 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @Michael Matulile

Could you be more specific about the professional development and professional fields that you mean?

• Kakoli Majumder
    Kakoli Majumder Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 296 admin
    edited June 13

Hey @Michael Matulile. I agree with @Yufita Chinta, we would need more information to understand exactly what you are looking for, and I'll explain why.

As far as I know, professional doctorate programs do not always require you to do a PhD. Such professional doctoral programs are different from a traditional PhD. So while PhD students are expected to write a thesis or dissertation, professional doctorate students are expected to write a doctoral capstone, and this can be in the form of a short dissertation, paper, product, or portfolio, depending on the requirements of their field.

This means that the research you need to write or conduct for a professional doctorate would depend considerably on your field. You would probably have clear guidelines and/or specifications about the kind of research you need to do and the nature of the end result, whether it should be an article, a thesis, a portfolio, or some other format.

Once you have more clarity on that, and if you know that you need to write a research paper, you could, as a first step, read up existing articles on your field. This might give you an idea of the kind of work that is expected of you.

Regarding your second question, once again, it's field specific. Each field and university would have different requirements as to which professional degree you need to have to be eligible for a doctoral course in the field.

• Michael Matulile
    Michael Matulile Member Posts: 6

Hey @Kakoli Majumder, @Yufita Chinta, alright! I received a CV of one of the candidate interviewees, one of the qualifications title was "Doctoral Degree Award in Professional Development" awarded by the university institute. In a certificate, there are listed so many professional development courses that covered by learning also known as continuing professional development (CPD). It introduces skills and expertise that gained by a taker as educational achievements.