What's your fitness mantra? — R Voice

What's your fitness mantra?

Kakoli Majumder
Kakoli Majumder Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 296 admin
edited June 10 in Everything & Anything

Those of you who've seen @Andrea Hayward's post last Friday know that we've started this little initiative to add some cheer to our Fridays and help us glide into the weekend mode - yes, it's Anything can happen Friday once again! I have to admit, I was drooling over those gorgeous pictures of exotic dishes from last week's post and ended up ordering an array of desserts that lasted me a whole week! So today, let's talk about fitness. What's your exercise regime? I'll be honest with you - exercising has never been my strength. I try to squeeze in at least 3 hours of walking through the week and try to engage in some sort of fun activity over the weekend to get those old bones moving - on some weekends it's swimming, on others hiking, cycling, rowing. On the weekends I don't feel like going out, I at least try to spend an hour or two cleaning up the house - helps me break a sweat.

What do you do to get your dose of exercise? How do you incorporate fitness into your week (or weekend) ? Some pictures would be lovely too - I could do with some motivation and so would many others I'm sure! :)

Comments

• Kakoli Majumder

Here's a picture from last weekend's hike to a nearby waterfall

And here's one of the park where I go for my evening walks during the week:

• Vivien Kretz
    Vivien Kretz Member Posts: 241 ✭✭✭

Wow @Kakoli Majumder , 3 hours a week is A LOT to me! My workout regime has gotten interrupted but this definitely motivates me to get it back up again 🥰 I used to go to the gym regularly, but haven’t been in weeks. This picture is from when I still use to go.

That waterfall is so beautiful! And the road for your daily walk as well!

• Kakoli Majumder

@Vivien Kretz - Thanks for your encouragement - feeling good about myself already :D. It really helps when someone else says I'm not as bad. It was so nice seeing your picture from the gym. Stirred up some memories from my Mumbai days when I would visit the gym in my building twice a week with friends - having a group to workout with helped. How's it with you? Do you prefer to workout alone or with friends?

• Vivien Kretz
    Vivien Kretz Member Posts: 241 ✭✭✭

@Kakoli Majumder , you are doing GREAT! Believe me when I tell you that 😊 Having a gym in your building truly is elite! I definetely prefer to work out with friends, simply because I need them to DRAG me there. 😂 Is it the same for you?

• Gayatri Ramachandran
    Gayatri Ramachandran Member Posts: 172 ✭✭✭

A lot many Ive heard of, who hit the gym, go with friends who are self motivated simply coz they need someone to drag them out of bed, early morning😂@Vivien Kretz

• Gayatri Ramachandran
    Gayatri Ramachandran Member Posts: 172 ✭✭✭

To me, your list seems like "happiness mantra" rather than fitness mantra @Kakoli Majumder 🤩. Absolutely lovely! I find it so amazing primarily coz I hardly get any weekend off. Hence my fitness is integrated into my daily routine else I would turn into a sloth in no time😆 since I simply CANNOT afford keeping extra time for fitness - call it life science researcher blues.

Its quite simple- we both follow the adage- Eat your breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper. This coupled with a half an hour walk anytime in the evening or at night. Thats all we can afford with a researcher and a kid at home😅

• Kakoli Majumder
    edited June 16

Yes @Vivien Kretz, precisely so! I really hate the gym...I don't mind a swim or a walk, but any physical activity that's indoors is an absolute no-no for me. So I had to rely on my friends to drag me. :D

• Kakoli Majumder

Haha, true that @Gayatri Ramachandran! Let's say that's my recipe for combining physical and mental health ;p. I can absolutely relate to your situation - I was worse off a few years ago when my kids were still with me. Even walks were a luxury back then - possible only on those rare occasions when schools were open but I had a holiday or work from home. Trust me, you're doing good! ❤️

• Andrea Hayward
    Andrea Hayward Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 881 admin

That awkward moment when you're reading this post and your smart watch gives you a "You've been sitting for too long" alert 😂😂 @Kakoli Majumder @Vivien Kretz @Gayatri Ramachandran had to share this with you!