The R Voice Meet & Greet template (We can't wait to meet you!) — R Voice

The R Voice Meet & Greet template (We can't wait to meet you!)

Andrea Hayward
Andrea Hayward Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 881 admin

Hi there! First, thanks for reading this post. You're probably new to the R Voice Community, and we're thrilled to have you here. If you're not sure what your first post should be, let's start with something simple - an introduction 🙂

We know that introductions can get a little awkward and it's not always easy to decide what to say. So, to take away some of the pressure, we came up with the R Voice Meet & Greet template - a little something that you can use to tell the community a bit about yourself 😃

All you have to do is copy-paste the template shared below onto a “New Post” here on R Voice, and fill in the blanks before posting it.  

Hi! My name is __________________. 

I am __________________. (Fill in one or more words that best describe you. For example, researcher, PhD student, scientist, professor, parent, mentor, caregiver, etc.) 

I currently live in ______________. (Fill in your city and country)

My research area is _____________________. 

I love being a researcher because __________________. (Tell us what you love most about being a researcher or working in the academic space)

On R Voice, I am looking for__________________. (Are you looking for publication advice, tips on self-care? Are you seeking collaborators or looking for a network? This is the place to tell us) 

It’s great to meet you all, and I’m happy to be here. 😊

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

If you're not yet familiar with creating new posts on R Voice, watch this easy-to-follow video tutorial

Seems easy enough, right? We look forward to seeing your introduction and getting to know you better. Can't wait! 🤩

P.S. In case you have any questions or experience challenges while posting, please feel free to add questions in the comments below or reach out to me via direct message.