Be conscious of your mental health — R Voice

Be conscious of your mental health

Omololu FAGBADEBO
Omololu FAGBADEBO Member Posts: 192 ✭✭✭

One thing at a time😍

Comments

• Kakoli Majumder
    Kakoli Majumder Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 341 admin

Your nuggets of wisdom are always so thought-provoking @Omololu FAGBADEBO. I've worked on quite a few of the points mentioned in your post, but am still struggling with a few. Letting go of the past and embracing the present is something I've struggled with for years - but now I've made peace with my past and have really stacked the negative memories away in a very deep corner of my heart and thankfully, they don't resurface too often. :) I'm still struggling with the second and fourth points on your list, and I know they'll take a few more years to master, but I'm getting some comfort out of knowing that I'm heading in the right direction. Thank you!😊

• Omololu FAGBADEBO

That is lovely, @Kakoli Majumder. You have taken the right decision and resolution to forge ahead.

One thing at a time😍

• Gayatri Ramachandran
    Gayatri Ramachandran Member Posts: 237 ✭✭✭

Pointers 4 and 5 are what I learnt lately, repetitive experiences taught me that @Omololu FAGBADEBO. I am grateful to those experiences, for, though they did hit me hard on my face and throw me off balance a couple of times, I got the right advise from my aunt on perspective at the right time to digest these 2 pointers and get over that bitter taste. If we persevere with true intentions, the universe will always help us get out of it and learn he right lessons. And you are a part fo that universe for me and so is this family called R Voice😍

• Omololu FAGBADEBO

One thing at a time😍

• Omololu FAGBADEBO

One thing at a time😍

• Vivien Kretz
    Vivien Kretz Member Posts: 283 ✭✭✭

I have been struggling with the same @Kakoli Majumder . It is important to detach what is in our control and what wasn't about our past as well. Many of our circumstances could not be influenced by any of our doings and that is okay. We didn't hold power over them. That's how we can find peace with them.

• Andrea Hayward
    Andrea Hayward Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 943 admin

@Omololu FAGBADEBO I found myself coming back to this post this morning. Needed to be reminded that in order to embrace tomorrow, I have to first let go of yesterday. I've struggled with this quite a lot but now I realize that it's probably because I wasn't interpreting it correctly. I see now that letting go is not the same as forgetting. While we might always carry lessons and memories from the past with us, we should not allow these to hold us back. The person that I was yesterday will always somehow be a part of me 🙂

Thanks for sharing this! 😊