Be empathetic and non-judgemental — R Voice

Be empathetic and non-judgemental

Sheethal G
Sheethal G Member Posts: 2

As a researcher each day brings in new challenges. There are lot many failures beind each success. It's a long wait but worthy enough it's time. But it also poses a serious threat on one's mental health. I see R voice as a great forum where there is a unison of hearts that resonates to these issues. Let's choose a happier option to travel through this amazing journey of research rather than feeling stressed about " What will others think or say". Hope to connect with all those who think likewise:)

Comments

• Andrea Hayward
    Andrea Hayward Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 943 admin
    edited May 10

Hi @Sheethal G! Welcome to the R Voice Community. It's great to have you here! I'm Andrea, one of the hosts of this community 🙂

You're so right. In the researcher life, the scope of challenges is infinite. And you often end up failing at a single task several times (be it getting grants, getting an experiment to work, getting published, etc.) before you can succeed at it. I'm so glad to see that you're thinking and talking about researcher mental health, and I'd love to hear your thoughts on this.

I'm very keen to see your comments popping up in R Voice discussions. In fact, I can't wait (your brief introduction has piqued my interest 😃). But before that, I'd love to learn a little more about you. Could you tell us where you're based and what your research area is?

P.S. You're joining us at a very special time - during our 1-year anniversary celebrations 🤩

• Gayatri Ramachandran
    Gayatri Ramachandran Member Posts: 237 ✭✭✭

Honestly, I loved that entry you've made into ouR Voice, with a straight arrow at mental health as you've rightly acknowledged @Sheethal G 🤩 Your empathetic soul strikes a chord with many of us I'm sure! You've landed at the right place, @ the right time(as Andrea pointed 'bout the 1st anniversary).

I can't wait to see you get active and involved in this platform, wisha wisha-ing your gentle breeze of support and empathy to everyone here and mark my words, you are definitely gonna enjoy the comfort and solace this place guarantees anyone who steps aboard😍 (a guarantee that stems from my amazing experiences here)

• Kakoli Majumder
    Kakoli Majumder Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 341 admin
    edited May 10

Welcome to R Voice @Sheethal G! I'm Kakoli, one of the hosts of the R Voice community, and I'm so happy to have you on board! As you have correctly observed, a researcher's life has myriad challenges, which is why it's important to have a support system to fall back on. We're lucky that R Voice is a community of warm, supportive, caring people who're always there to lift your spirit when you're feeling low, share their experiences so others can learn from them, and generally spread positivity and cheer. I'm truly grateful to be part of this wonderful community - I usually begin my day reading a few R Voice posts and it really boosts my mood and makes me ready to tackle all the hard work that comes my way.😊

As @Andrea Hayward has mentioned, you've joined us at a very special time - our anniversary celebrations are going on now, and one of the activities we're having is a round of Meet & Greet. Why don't you participate in it? It's really simple - just a short post introducing yourself - and would be a great way for the community to get to know you. 😊

• Sheethal G
    Sheethal G Member Posts: 2

Happy special first anniversary R voice💐. Thank you all for making me a part of your group right at the outset:) I always felt that there should be a connecting platform for researchers where they can share not only their research activities but also share personal experiences....this family feel is much needed for researchers🤗. Thanks @Gayatri Ramachandran @Andrea Hayward @Kakoli Majumder

• Andrea Hayward
    Andrea Hayward Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 943 admin

@Sheethal G you're 100% right about R Voice being a platform where researchers can talk about both their personal and professional lives. Here's there's room for not just research and science but also the people behind the research 🙂