Name tags, new faces, old friends – Special R Voice Anniversary Meet & Greet — R Voice

Name tags, new faces, old friends – Special R Voice Anniversary Meet & Greet

Andrea Hayward
Andrea Hayward Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 851 admin

If you’ve been following the chatter on R Voice, you know that we’re celebrating our 1-year anniversary this month. We wanted to do something exciting that every R Voice member can easily participate in. So, to celebrate our community turning 1, we’re hosting a special R Voice Anniversary Meet & Greet. And you’re all invited! 🤩

The last time we hosted a Meet & Greet here on R Voice, we got to meet and learn about so many of you. It was certainly a memorable event and for many of you, it was your first time being vocal on R Voice. Since then, several new faces have joined our growing community and we can’t wait to meet you! Don’t worry about busy schedules and time zone difference. This Meet & Greet is 100% virtual and all of the conversations will happen via posts and comments here on R Voice. 

We know that introductions can get a little awkward and it’s difficult to decide what to say. So, to make this as easy as possible for you, we’ve come up with a template that you can use to tell the community a little bit about yourself and get to know your fellow R Voicers! 🙂 

All you have to do is copy-paste this template onto a “New Post” here on R Voice, and fill in the blanks before posting it.  

Hi! My name is __________________. 

I am __________________. (Fill in one or more words that best describe you. For example, researcher, PhD student, scientist, professor, parent, mentor, caregiver, etc.) 

I love being a researcher because __________________. (Tell us what you love most about being a researcher or working in the academic space) 

I joined R Voice because __________________. (Tell us what inspired you to join the R Voice community. It could be anything. Don’t hesitate to share your motivations with us)  

On R Voice, I am looking for__________________. (Are you looking for publication advice, tips on self-care and wellbeing? Are you seeking collaborators or looking for a network? This is the place to tell us)  

It’s great to meet you all, and I’m happy to be here. 😊

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Before you jump in, here are a couple of things you might want to know  

Q1. How can I participate in this Meet & Greet? What do I have to do?  

All you have to do is introduce yourself on a “New Post” here on R Voice, using the template shared above. If you don't know how to create new posts, watch this easy-to-follow video tutorial.   

Q2. Is this Meet & Greet just for new members? Or can older members participate too?  

Every single R Voice member, whether you’ve recently joined or been with us for a while, is welcome to participate. It doesn’t matter if some of us already know you. There might be others here who could be meeting you for the first time. So please don’t hold back! 

Q3. Is it mandatory to use the template? 

No, it’s not. If you feel like sharing more or even lesser details, that’s perfectly ok. The template is designed to help you come up with a simple introduction that will allow us to get to know you better.  

Q4. What’s the last date to participate?  

The last date to participate in this virtual Meet & Greet is May 20. So, make sure you post your introduction here on R Voice before that. Do it today, if possible 😃 

Sounds exciting and easy enough to do, right? I look forward to meeting all of you and reading your introductions. Let’s make some new connections!