Its Thanksgiving time for me, every moment of positivity — R Voice

Its Thanksgiving time for me, every moment of positivity

Gayatri Ramachandran
Gayatri Ramachandran Member Posts: 237 ✭✭✭

I have been noticing lately how the discussions, personal stories and anecdotes on R Voice has helped me revise my perspectives on academic-personal life balance and how I cannot let it affect me emotionally or physically, nor my family in any way. Simply UNACCEPTABLE!

A big big hug and LOVE to this platform- its contributors and anyone and everyone associated with it🤩🤗❤️. A huge applause to those behind the scenes, maintaining and contributing to it as well!👏 @Andrea Hayward @Jayashree Rajagopalan @Kakoli Majumder @Vivien Kretz @Shruti Turner @Isurika Sevwandi @Omololu FAGBADEBO @Karen Hall @Suman Mundkur @Adaora Anyichie - Odis . Thanks to you all for your time spent here, that is making a positive difference to someone and many out there!😍

For instance, just today when a peer PhD graduate from another lab enquired casually-" How is life treating you?" I very casually replied - "I am learning to treat life well and give it its worth". For a moment I was zapped I answered positively, so casually, without a moment's thought! Immediately I thanked ouR Voice in my mind voice for bringing about this change in me as a part of my daily thought process. My colleague smiled and liked my perspective, adding-"Its good to listen to a positive note when asked about PhD life you know" ☺️. In fact this instance added to my zeal to immediately pen my thoughts and give back to the community that helped me change. Cheers to that positive change that is trending now on R Voice, thanks to @Omololu FAGBADEBO ☺️

Comments

• Omololu FAGBADEBO
    Omololu FAGBADEBO Member Posts: 192 ✭✭✭

A very big and warm hug to you, @Gayatri Ramachandran, for this awesome reflection and appreciation. Much love from me to you and every member of this inspiring family.😍

One thing at a time😍

• Kakoli Majumder
    Kakoli Majumder Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 341 admin

That's such an inspiring story @Gayatri Ramachandran! These small things that we do spontaneously in our day to day lives reveal so much about our state of mind. I'm so glad you noticed this and acknowledged this positivity in you. It's really heartwarming that you attribute this change to R Voice. Just today, @Jayashree Rajagopalan and I were talking about how well we've bonded with some of you - it feels unreal that we've made such great and supportive friends here in less than a year - friends who truly care about us and who we care about as much. Cheers to R Voice for making this possible! And cheers to those who are spreading positivity on this platform in small ways - every single day. :)

• Adaora Anyichie - Odis
    Adaora Anyichie - Odis Member Posts: 128 ✭✭✭✭

Dear @Gayatri Ramachandran your thoughts guide your words and I love the reply you gave your fellow PhD student.

This feedback means alot to me. Sending you plenty of hugs with . Remain focused, positive and determined.

• Gayatri Ramachandran

I needed that line @Adaora Anyichie - Odis - Remain focused, positive and determined. Im going to pin this line on my desk immediately! Thanks a ton for that motivation💪😍

• Gayatri Ramachandran

No no, please don't say un-real@Kakoli Majumder . It is "virtually" real! There can be positive vibes and soul-connect despite not having met physically🤗. I've many a times felt that deep down and acknowledged it in one of the discussions here as to how lovely it is that R Voice has helped us connect and reach out virtually.

• Vivien Kretz
    Vivien Kretz Member Posts: 283 ✭✭✭

Awe @Gayatri Ramachandran , that R Voice inspired you to talk positively about your general current outlook on life just makes my heart very, very warm. I am so glad that it really seems like you are cutting down negative self talk, which is so beautiful to me. It shows how much of an influence we can have on each other from different ends of the world and that is just beautiful to me. Thank you so much for this insight. 😊

• Gayatri Ramachandran

Indeed @Vivien Kretz. 2022 would be a very memorable year in terms of the "change"reaction that I have set-in- a positive and vibrant one at that!

• Isurika Sevwandi
    Isurika Sevwandi Member Posts: 120 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 18

While coming back from a 09-day New Year vacation celebrated with a lot of conflicts, instabilities, and political dilemmas in Sri Lanka, your gratitude thought re-oriented me to embrace each and every virtual/physical reaction we make with human beings with positivity. Thanks so much for energizing me @Gayatri Ramachandran to get ahead of my day as well as the New Year (here, we celebrate the dawn of the year on the 14th of April, and this time at 8.41 a.m. IST)😍 It's so nice to witness the drops of positivity poured by R-voices each day brightening up and adding colors to the invisible rainbow which each of us is possed with💜

• Gayatri Ramachandran

Wish you all a very happy Puthandu @Isurika Sevwandi!🤗. Will continue to hope and pray this new year will see SriLanka pass the crisis with ease and get out of this situation at the earliest minimising damage to the downtrodden and poverty stricken folks🙏 coz they are perpetually affected, be it crisis or no-crisis.

• Andrea Hayward
    Andrea Hayward Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 943 admin

@Gayatri Ramachandran this post is EVERYTHING! Thank you so much for taking the time to share this with us. I'm so glad that R Voice has had such a positive impact on your life and that the time you spend here is encouraging you to reflect on and appreciate different aspects of your life. It is truly heartwarming and so encouraging! 😍

As I've said many times before, the feeling is mutual. We are just as fortunate to have met you, to know you, and to grow with you. Thank YOU for being a part of ouR community! 🤗❤️