Anyone else in the same in the same situation...??? How do you feel??? — R Voice

Anyone else in the same in the same situation...??? How do you feel???

Aysa MC
Aysa MC Member Posts: 16 ✭✭✭
edited March 1 in Self-care & Wellbeing

Hi, here in Peru we are about to begin a new academic year (THE SECOND ONE) of remote teaching/learning (schools and universities)...

So, my situation here:

My son is beginning on March, 3rd (this Wednesday)... and he is connected to a PC game... I am not going to interrupt his last days of gaming at any time...

Many things happened and I did not have vacations... 😫😭... Now, I have started prepearing the classes for university... 12 hours a week that actually means much more... as every teacher knows! I am trying to keep my mind positive...

And I have an aditional goal: end up an article!!! 🙈

My dog is giving us support.

😍

WHAT ABOUT THE REST OF YOU? Send you hugs!!!

Best Answers

• Jayashree R
    Jayashree R Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 44 admin
    Accepted Answer

@Aysa MC - So good to see you here! Your situation sounds both promising and challenging at the same time. It's a good thing to let your son have his fun. Year two of remote teaching - wow. All the very best for it. I think we are all entering another year of uncertainty - but are now more familiar with the monster virus lurking around. Take a lot of positive vibes and support for your research, teaching, and writing! Would love to share your successes and celebrate with you here :-) It's really nice that you're positive about taking things head on.

Your dog is too adorable - I was telling someone here that we will have enough to start a thread with inspiration from everyone's pets! and now I just can't help showing you my cat. Here he is- https://voice.researcher.life/discussion/40/hi-there-i-am-jayashree

Look forward some great conversations with and from you @Aysa MC 🙋‍♀️

• Kakoli Majumder
    Kakoli Majumder Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 27 admin
    edited March 3 Accepted Answer

Hey @Aysa MC! I can completely relate with you. While on the one hand the uncertainties of this year seem more familiar now that we're used to the new normal, on the other hand, it somehow feels frustrating to know that things are not going to change any time soon. Online classes for another year are a real challenge - for both teachers as well as students. Both my children are studying abroad, but are missing the experience of on-campus classes. It' even more frustrating for younger kids as they don't get to play outdoors or spend time with their friends...I'm glad your son is getting to spend time doing what he enjoys before classes start again. :)

It's actually great having a pet at home: they can be a such a comfort in times like this! I don't have one though I love animals. Here's a picture of a cute little kitty I met at a shop last week. :)

All the best to you for your classes and your article! Huggs!

Answers

• Jayashree R
    Jayashree R Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 44 admin

@Aysa MC - So good to see you here! Your situation sounds both promising and challenging at the same time. It's a good thing to let your son have his fun. Year two of remote teaching - wow. All the very best for it. I think we are all entering another year of uncertainty - but are now more familiar with the monster virus lurking around. Take a lot of positive vibes and support for your research, teaching, and writing! Would love to share your successes and celebrate with you here :-) It's really nice that you're positive about taking things head on.

Your dog is too adorable - I was telling someone here that we will have enough to start a thread with inspiration from everyone's pets! and now I just can't help showing you my cat. Here he is- https://voice.researcher.life/discussion/40/hi-there-i-am-jayashree

Look forward some great conversations with and from you @Aysa MC 🙋‍♀️

• Aysa MC

BIRA is awesome!!!! Really fantastic!

We will continue to see each other here.

Hugs

• Aysa MC
    edited March 3

• Aysa MC
    edited March 3

So nice kittie, @Kakoli Majumder !!!!

Vacination will also be late in your country?

• Isurika Sevwandi
    Isurika Sevwandi Member Posts: 34 ✭✭✭

Aysa, I know exactly how tough the online teaching is because I have been in both ends as a teacher as well as a student trying to utilize the online education system to the best. What frustrates me in both ends is getting and giving genuine feedback. I have been training myself to become an inquisitive student when becoming a Postgraduate student but that attitude shifted and vanished away while adhering to the online remote learning system. Thanks to these platforms we are at least completing the degree programmes on time but the effectiveness is really questionable.

• Aysa MC

@Isurika Sevwandi , don't let you down! As a graduate student you will see that teachers will be more supportive and PRESENT if you manage to handle a kind of schedule to ask for your doubdts or propose a meeting with them one a week or every fortnight...! soooo, you will feel you can be in touch witgh your teachers and obtain the feedback you need!! I would love to have a student compromised with the studies 💪 🤩 I send you my very best wishes!

• Isurika Sevwandi
    Isurika Sevwandi Member Posts: 34 ✭✭✭

Thanks Aysa, that gives me much inspiration. I'll definitely try to reach out my lecturers whenever I come across curious and problematic study materials.