Hi everyone - I'm Andrea β€” R Voice

Hi everyone - I'm Andrea

Andrea Hayward
Andrea Hayward Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 82 admin

Hi - I'm Andrea and I'm one of the hosts of the R Voice Community. For the past 4 years, I've been working at Cactus Communications, a global technology company that collaborates with and solves problems for different stakeholders in the academic community.

For a little over the past one year, I've been managing CACTUS' global survey on mental health and wellbeing among researchers. I come from an educational background in Psychology and have always been a passionate mental health advocate so this role has been nothing short of perfect (jackpot! 🀩). It's offered me an opportunity to have real conversations with researchers, get to know them as people first, work towards creating safe spaces for them, and lead initiatives aimed towards making academia a more supportive and nurturing place 😊

I love spending time on Twitter, exploring music from various genres, working out (I work out alot! πŸ˜…) and being a mom (ahem, slave πŸ˜‚) to my 3-year old ginger cat Stitches. When left unsupervised, I will eat ALL the spaghetti there is. When I REALLY have free time, I like to kick back with a good book (but not before sniffing those lovely pages), or with a good show on Netflix.

Looking forward to getting to know each one of you soon. 😊

Comments

• Aysa MC
    Aysa MC Member Posts: 16 ✭✭✭

I want to give a light to other researchers... I admire CACTUS' global survey! I imagine many people have worked together there.

Pic of you cat, please! ☺️

• Aysa MC
    Aysa MC Member Posts: 16 ✭✭✭

So cute! And does it scratches the scratcher???? ☺️

• Andrea Hayward

@Aysa MC oh yes, absolutely (and how!). In fact, what you see in the picture is the second round of rope that we've fitted onto the scratching post. From time to time, it's completely ruined and needs a change before he can use it again. Still, I'm not complaining, because this definitely beats him scratching the sofa lol πŸ˜‚

• Erin Owens
    Erin Owens Member Posts: 1 ✭✭✭

@Andrea Hayward oh my gosh your cat is so adorable! These are my two kitties. I also have two big lazy dogs. 😊

• Raj sundaram
    Raj sundaram Member Posts: 92 ✭✭✭

@Erin Owens Just to be fair, we need to see the doggos too. They deserve their fame here on this platform as much as the kitties do. The kitties are getting a bit too much screen time IMHO. πŸ˜‚

• Andrea Hayward

@Erin Owens back at you, Cat Mama to Cat Mama - your cats are adorable! The black one looks so royal. I did a mental curtsy when I saw his picture lol πŸ˜‹ And the ash grey one has such a beautiful coat! What are their names?

Also I agree with @Raj sundaram. We're going to need pictures of your dogs too! πŸ˜„

• Isurika Sevwandi
    Isurika Sevwandi Member Posts: 34 ✭✭✭

Since everyone is sharing adorable pics of their cats, why don't I share one of my tom catπŸ˜‚

Here is Mr. Poos🐱 sleeping comfortably on my old set of flash cards.

• Andrea Hayward

@Isurika Sevwandi Mr. Poos is a cutie! He seems to be a tabby - just like my Stitches. They look like they could be distant cousins lol πŸ˜„

• Raj sundaram
    Raj sundaram Member Posts: 92 ✭✭✭
    edited March 22

@Isurika Sevwandi There's no better way to learn from flash cards than sleeping on them. 🀣

Wise Mr. Poos knows this.

• Isurika Sevwandi
    Isurika Sevwandi Member Posts: 34 ✭✭✭

Yep, totally agree with you. When I first saw your cat stitches I also felt the same Andrea. They looks alike.

• Yufita Chinta
    Yufita Chinta Member Posts: 25 ✭✭✭

hi @Andrea Hayward

I don't have a cat, but I love to know you and being part of this community. Thanks for leading it...

• Andrea Hayward

@Yufita Chinta this is so sweet of you. Glad to have you here on R Voice and looking forward to chatting again soon 😊

• Lidia Lins
    Lidia Lins Member Posts: 3 ✭✭✭

Great to know more about you @Andrea Hayward ! you guys are doing an amazing job!

• Jayashree R
    Jayashree R Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 44 admin

@Erin Owens Your cat looks regal - and also like a love bug! @Isurika Sevwandi love the curled up Mr Poos. Don't you feel like cuddling them when they're like this? My cat HATES being cuddled or held, but who says that should stop me 😁

• Andrea Hayward

@Lidia Lins thanks so much for your kind words πŸ€— I guess now is as good a time as any to tell you that I absolutely love your Instagram channel! It is such a refreshing change from so many other profiles that first make you feel bad about yourself and then offer solutions. I love how beautifully your posts and stories encourage people to be accepting of themselves and to love themselves first and then later talk about ways in which they can seek new learning and growth. Keep up the great work! ❀️

• Lidia Lins
    Lidia Lins Member Posts: 3 ✭✭✭

thank you so much for your kindness @Andrea Hayward ! It was the perfect day to read this message and keep myself motivated to help others in their path.😘