My wish for you ... — R Voice

My wish for you ...

Dahlia T
Dahlia T Member Posts: 93 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2021 in Everything & Anything

As we approach the end of the year, I would like to extend warm wishes to all the researchers who have made this community their home, in one way or the other.

Over the course of the year, with so much going on in our lives, both professional and personal, and the world at large, it has been good to be able to share openly, to ask, and sometimes to just let go.

My, your, our words of support, personal stories, and tips were timely and they have undoubtedly made a difference, being uttered and being read just when they were needed...with the benefits flowing both ways, I am sure.

Take time to think not just of those things that did not go as planned this year ...but more importantly of those thing that worked, especially those smaller hidden gems that we may have missed celebrating, as they may have been subsumed by the daily, or we may not have had the chance to celebrate them like we planned.

Honour the losses - friend, family, job, career - you have experienced by living. Celebrate family, celebrate friends, celebrate love, celebrate life...celebrate 'you', you awesome person, who have made it thus far ...and will keep going, because your purpose is still ongoing.

Wishing you and yours a season of hope, joy, good health, and togetherness...and much prosperity in the year ahead!!

-Dahlia 🌺

I am purposefully driven to water the soil to grow the seed that is already planted. 

Comments

• Jayashree Rajagopalan
    Jayashree Rajagopalan Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 262 admin

What a beautifully articulated wish, Dahlia. I can imagine this as a wonderful New Year's card with soulful music playing in the background. It's just the right amount of warm and fuzzy and supportive and positive and hopeful. 💚❤️

You made me realize JUST HOW MUCH each one of us has endured personally, professionally, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually. Our wins and losses have made us who we are and will continue to color our lives in the future. Thank you for making R Voice what it is and I look forward to seeing this community blossom fully in 2022. Can't do that without you!

Have a restful holiday season and a hopeful and peaceful new year. Here's to everyone's growth as academics and human beings.

• Andrea Hayward
    Andrea Hayward Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 710 admin

@Dahlia T I'm just catching up on all the conversations after my Christmas break and I really wish I'd found this gem earlier. Such a thoughtful and kind wish for all of us here on R Voice! Thank you so much for putting this out here ❤️ As I always say, your writing has the warmth and positive energy to make even a stranger feel like a dear friend 🙂

I want to thank you because over the past year, your words of encouragement, hope, and wisdom were (very often) just what I needed to hear. And in times like these, they were like a soothing balm reminding me that everything will eventually turn out okay.

I love that you've encouraged us to not only celebrate success but to also celebrate ourselves, our families, and to celebrate love and life. It's a wonderful reminder that there's so much more to us and to our lives that work and productivity. A reminder that I'm going to carry along as I take on 2022.

I hope you've had a restful break and look forward to many more wonderful conversations with you here on R Voice in the new year 🤗

• Kakoli Majumder
    Kakoli Majumder Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 251 admin
    edited January 19

Jumping in here rather late...what a beautiful thought and how well you've articulated it @Dahlia T! We're quick to look at what went wrong, but how often do we think of all that went right, despite the hurdles. I too am a big believer in the power of the little joys of life - the "hidden gems" as you have called them. These are what keeps us going from one day to the next and makes us look forward to tomorrow, even when the larger scheme of things may not seem so pretty.