Everything we talked about on R Voice in 2021
We’re almost at the end of 2021, and the year seems to have whizzed past us. It seems like yesterday, when we launched R Voice and so much has happened since. We have seen a lot of engaging conversations here. From mental health and self-care to publishing strategies and peer review, we discussed it all. 🙂 The end of a year always makes you reflect and look back at everything that happened, and that’s what I decided to do. I looked back at all of the activity on R Voice and curated some of the busiest conversations that kept this community talking in 2021. Here, take a look:
- How do you ease yourself into work on a Monday?
- If you weren't involved in research, what kind of work would you be doing today?
- Stress Awareness Month 2021: How do YOU deal with stress?
- What's on your summer 2021 reading list?
- When you begin writing a new research manuscript, which section do you write first?
- What's your (Monday) mantra?
- Academic thanksgiving – What/Who are you thankful for?
- What's your “lollipop moment”?
- Are you willing to share positive vibes?!
- [Short video] Yoga therapy: Chair exercises when at work (Happy International Yoga Day!)
- Zoom Fatigue is real - Have you been experiencing it?
- What has been your most negative experience in academia and how did you handle it?
- I feel disappointed with myself for having HUGE expectations from my weekends
- Things researchers/academics ought to be trained for...but AREN'T
- What's your peer review story?
- Let's play BINGO: The Academia Edition. How many boxes you can tick off!
- How to get maximum academic reach on social media platforms?
- A trip down memory lane -- What was your FIRST piece of academic writing?
- (POSITIVE?) Stories of the PhD thesis defense
- Inspiration behind the research: “I got into research because…”
There’s more! We also had several events (webinars and talks) on a bunch of topics related to dealing with academic life, academic careers, and publication success. If you missed any of these events, we got you covered. All the webinars and talks were recorded and the recordings are available here.
2021 was indeed a busy year for the R Voice community and I hope 2022 is even busier. Thank you for being a part of this community and we look forward to a lot more interesting conversations with you next year. 🙂