My first extensive research paper- Academic Highlight of 2021 — R Voice

My first extensive research paper- Academic Highlight of 2021

Vivien Kretz
Vivien Kretz Member Posts: 78 ✭✭✭

I proudly present my academic highlight badge! I am so thankful for passing the first year of university and studying something I deeply enjoy and care about. Media Studies really inspires, challenges and educates me. I remember that I started off with such high anxiety in 2020 which I also took into the beginning of 2021. Uni really can be scary sometimes. Throughout the year, I learned to plan out my work schedule more and more and even submitted a lot of work a long time before the deadline, which was a great experience over and over again. In terms of personal development, it really has been an amazing year, I learned so much and was faced with obstacles that really encouraged me to grow.

Thank you @Andrea Hayward for the pretty badge! ⭐️

Comments

• Andrea Hayward
    Andrea Hayward Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 710 admin

@Vivien Kretz the more I learn about you, the more inspired by you I become ❤️

Thank you so much for telling us a little bit more about your Academic Highlight. The milestone is ALL YOU. The badge is simply something to remind you of the journey travelled and how far you've come, and also a reminder to celebrate your wins at the end of a year that has been anything but easy. 🙂

I love that you're studying something that you care so deeply about and that you're moving forward with a growth-oriented perspective. Uni can definitely be scary and overwhelming at times and I hope that the next year is much kinder to you. :)

• Vivien Kretz

Oh, this means so so much to me. If there is one adjective that makes me the feel the fuzziest, that one has to be inspiring. ☺️

Yes, I definitely need to celebrate the journey, too. There really have been some obstacles on the way and I have to celebrate that I kept going despite them. And even if things are not perfect, the thought is what counts.

Thank you so much for the support. 💜

• Andrea Hayward
    Andrea Hayward Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 710 admin

Awwww @Vivien Kretz happy to bring up the fuzzy feelings. Sending you a warm long distance hug 🤗

• Kakoli Majumder
    Kakoli Majumder Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 251 admin

Congratulations Vivien! It's wonderful that you wrote your first research paper - it must have been a challenging, yet rewarding journey! It's also great that you overcame your anxiety and did not let it affect your academic performance - it must have seemed hard at that point, but the effort was worth its while as you not only got good grades, but also got to learn and grow in the process. ❤️

• Vivien Kretz

It was both super challenging and rewarding for sure. Exactly, I learned this year to not give grades too much weight. I know that grading is subjective and what I learned counts either way.

• Jayashree Rajagopalan
    Jayashree Rajagopalan Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 262 admin

Thanks for sharing your academic achievement @Vivien Kretz I agree that @Andrea Hayward has prepped a rather pretty badge 🙂 Congratulations for passing the first year of university. It's always amazing when you get to pursue something you really love. That makes the whole process so much more engaging and enjoyable. Sorry to hear about the anxiety you experienced. The last two years have been so strange and we are now about enter the third year of this new (not)normal lifestyle. Uni can be very daunting - like this massive mountain that you need to scale. I really like how you attacked the task in such an organized manner. And submitting before deadlines sounds WOW! Great job! I always admire people who truly view obstacles as opportunities to grow. I recall one such conversation here on R Voice with @Omololu FAGBADEBO when he said that he saw the trials he faced as opportunities to get stronger. Here's wishing you an even better 2022 with another academic highlight you can celebrate with us on R Voice at the same time next year! 🤗

• Vivien Kretz

Thank you so much for your lovely comment @Jayashree Rajagopalan.

I 100% agree with this, studying something you are passionate about really is a blessing.

Definitely, the pandemic has played a role in adding a heap of anxiety onto me as well, which makes me even prouder for making it through. I am thankful to read that you acknowledge this as well, as so many people brush it off by saying "But everyone goes through that".

Uni can really feel like a shark pond sometimes. I often am surrounded by people who seem so much more capable than me and I find myself struggling with that. (Imposter syndrome incoming...) But I guess it is part of the process.

I am looking forward to all the great conversations of 2022 on R Voice and more academic achievements too. I really am optimistic this year (which totally does not go without saying for me) and am looking for all things that will come. 😊

• Jayashree Rajagopalan
    Jayashree Rajagopalan Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 262 admin

Awesome, @Vivien Kretz - You've made me feel positive on a Monday morning. Your optimism is infectious 😀