Academic thanksgiving – What/Who are you thankful for? - Page 2 — R Voice

Academic thanksgiving – What/Who are you thankful for?

2»

Comments

• Jayashree Rajagopalan
    Jayashree Rajagopalan Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 319 admin
    edited November 2021

Wow @Neltah Mosimanegape your supervisor sounds really cool. It's heartwarming to see you include him/her in your academic thanksgiving thought. What makes him/her a great supervisor though? Would love to know how you have been/are being supported by them - hearing your account will also help others here feel positive about the fact that there are some really great supervisors and mentors in academia.

• Jayashree Rajagopalan

Thank you for this note @Abdirisak Mohamed Abdillahi I would request you to show this to your wife too, so she has another reason to smile. :) Your note made me realize again how each of us are part of two separate worlds - one is the professional/academic one and the other is our own little personal universe. The people that form part of this personal universe play such an important role in our lives and how we navigate the other professional sphere. We owe a bulk of our success to our families and close ones who truly support us and I appreciate that you shared your personal universe with the R Voice community.🙂

• Abdirisak Mohamed Abdillahi
    Abdirisak Mohamed Abdillahi Member Posts: 10
    edited November 2021

@Jayashree Rajagopalan Indeed, and the thing is that we always take those who are closest to us for granted. Thanking them and showing gratitude should be a routine.

• Rupkamal Sarma
    Rupkamal Sarma Member Posts: 20 ✭✭

Times have been real tough for me since the last few years and they continue to be so but I would not have made it so far without the support of my wife. I am thankful to have her in my life.

I am also thankful to have my PC games that allow me to escape into the realms of fantasy when I need it the most. 😄

• Jayashree Rajagopalan
  • Jayashree Rajagopalan

Sorry to hear that times have been tough @Rupkamal Sarma. It's always heartwarming for me to see partners/spouses being called out. I do believe they play a major part in shaping our life experiences and are of course the constant we need. What PC games do you play?

• Rupkamal Sarma
    Rupkamal Sarma Member Posts: 20 ✭✭

Thank you @Jayashree Rajagopalan for your kind response.

I like to play action and adventure games. I am usually up for anything that is story-driven. Although these days, it is more of hoarding games than actually playing them for lack of time. Dishonored, Max Payne, Sherlock Holmes and Assassin's Creed are some of the titles that I have enjoyed. Are you also into PC or console games?

• Suman Mundkur
    Suman Mundkur Member Posts: 11 ✭✭

Academic Thanksgiving let me begin with

1. The interaction session of the Researcher.Life Ambassador with the CEO was encouraging and inspiring!
    2. Researcher.Life Mentor program that got me introduced to an amazing researcher Mr. Rupkamal Sarma, thanks Ms. Kakoli Mojumdar. Thankful to my Mentor Dr. Ela Dedhia, Researcher.Life Ambasssador.
    3. For the opportunities given to speak on various topics on various platforms like Facebook Live, Demio etc. Thanks for facilitating Ms. Alyssa Lobo and Mr. Yuvraj Singh Rathore.
    4. Jayashree Rajagopalan and Andrea Hayward for introducing me to Researcher.Life Program, updating me and keeping in touch.
    5. Researcher.Life Ambassador team for recognizing me as the Researcher.Life Ambassador December 2021!
  • Andrea Hayward
    Andrea Hayward Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 943 admin

@Suman Mundkur thank you for adding to this academic thanksgiving thread. 🙂

Although it's heart-warming to see that you've thanked Researcher Life and many of my team members, I can assure you that it's us who are fortunate to have met you, to be part of your academic journey, and to learn from you. Thank you for all that you do at Researcher Life and congratulations on being recognized as the Researcher.Life Ambassador of December 2021. This is fantastic news! 🤩

• Jayashree Rajagopalan

I must begin with an apology @Suman Mundkur for responding a bit late to your share. WOW - such amazing achievements. It's very exciting to hear about your journey into mentorship. I am with @Andrea Hayward . It is heartwarming to know that we were part of your academic highlight in 2021. But we are thankful to you...for joining us, for giving us your time, and for the memorable conversations we have been able to have with and because of you. Let's make 2022 full of even more celebratory highlights 😊