Introduction — R Voice

Introduction

“Hello! My name is Oladele Campbell. 

I am a PhD student and a computer science lecturer.

I currently live in Zungeru. Nigeria.

My research area is computer science education. 

What I like best about my work is seeing novice computer science students develop interest, learn to gain, and apply computing knowledge and skills during class exercises, tests, exams, and real projects.

When I’m not working, I like to attend church activities, stay indoors with my family, listen to the news, etc.

It’s great to be here. And I look forward to getting to know each of you better 😊”

Comments

• Andrea Hayward
    Andrea Hayward Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 581 admin
    edited October 22

Hi @Oladele Campbell. Welcome to R Voice! It's so great to have you here 😊

Thanks for the lovely introduction. I absolutely love what you've said about your work and what you like best about it. You come across as a very encouraging mentor and teacher and I'm sure your students are fortunate to have someone like you to guide them. Keep up the great work! 🤩

• Oladele Campbell
    Oladele Campbell Member Posts: 3

Thanks, @Andrea Hayward. You and others - in this group in particular, and CACTUS - are doing great service as you provide supportive environments for members, especially early career researchers. I look forward to more exciting interactions and memorable experiences on this platform.

• Andrea Hayward
    Andrea Hayward Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 581 admin

@Oladele Campbell thank you so much for your kind words! You've made my morning, day, and week! ❤️

Looking forward to interacting more with you here on R Voice. You're welcome to start posting whatever is on your mind or even reach out to me personally via DM if you'd like to talk. So grateful to have you be part of our community! 😊

• Oladele Campbell
    Oladele Campbell Member Posts: 3

Thanks, @Andrea Hayward. It's great to know I have a community of friends like you on R Voice who will collaborate on things of mutual interest.

• Jayashree Rajagopalan
    Jayashree Rajagopalan Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 225 admin

Hi @Oladele Campbell - Welcome to R Voice. I loved the fact that you are involved in academia in both ways - both as a researcher/student and as someone who teaches and mentors. That has to be totally rewarding. I am sure a lot of what you experience while teaching and mentoring students may be applicable or useful to your research journey.

But I am also curious - how are you able to juggle your own research and teaching. As a researcher you may have to, apart from research, write or attend classes yourself. And as a lecturer I am sure there's a lot of work aside from conducting lectures - preparing for them, tests, grading, giving time to students, etc. So how do you manage both roles?