Let's talk about self-care over a morning cuppa! Meet me tomorrow at 8.30 am ET — R Voice

Let's talk about self-care over a morning cuppa! Meet me tomorrow at 8.30 am ET

Jayashree Rajagopalan
Jayashree Rajagopalan Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 225 admin

What does self-care mean to you? How do you practice self-care? If you could ask someone a question about self-care, what would that be?

I am going to begin by stating this up front - being a researcher is no mean feat. There's a lot you need to manage - PhD program applications, research work, publishing papers to advance your academic career, managing (sometimes tough) relationships with supervisors/colleagues, dealing with successes and failures...this list runs long – oh and I haven't added dealing with the demands of your personal life here. How do you take care of your physical, mental, and emotional health while dealing with all of this?

Join me for a short 30-minute conversation over Zoom tomorrow at 8.30 am ET (12.30 pm UTC) - let's talk about self-care (while sipping a coffee...or tea!) and what it means to us. I can't wait to hear and share some interesting thoughts on whether and how academics can take better care of themselves. I've seen a lot of conversations on this topic here on R Voice and I know this is great conversation material so I can't wait! 😀

Here's the link to join the discussion: https://bit.ly/RVoice-CoCo

See you tomorrow!

Tagged:

Comments