What has been your most negative experience in academia and how did you handle it? — R Voice

What has been your most negative experience in academia and how did you handle it?

Kakoli Majumder
Kakoli Majumder Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 147 admin
edited September 3 in Venting Corner

Came across this twitter thread this morning and felt sad, angry, frustrated, and heartbroken. Tales of bullying and abuse of power are not new in academia, but every time I come across a new one, I feel equally disturbed. I really appreciate the way this person dealt with the problem – maintaining research integrity and protecting his student to the best of his ability.

What has been your worst experience in academia? If you or anyone you know of has experienced bullying in academia, do share the story and how the person concerned handled it. Reading about others’ experiences might alert potential victims and help them understand what to do when faced with harassment and bullying. Thank you @Yufita Chinta for sharing your story

If you wish to share your story anonymously, you can do so. Learn more about how you can post anonymously on R Voice in this post: https://voice.researcher.life/discussion/323/want-to-share-something-on-r-voice-but-feel-hesitant-we-are-now-accepting-anonymous-posts# 

Comments