Want to share something on R Voice but feel hesitant? We are now accepting anonymous posts! — R Voice

Want to share something on R Voice but feel hesitant? We are now accepting anonymous posts!

Jayashree Rajagopalan
Jayashree Rajagopalan Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 225 admin

How often does this happen to you? You have something on your mind and really want to share it, but hesitate to do so. You are not alone! 

When we initiate conversations about the personal and professional aspects of academic life, there's a very wide range of topics, experiences, emotions, thoughts, perspectives, and feelings to consider - something that often makes it difficult for researchers to open up fully. We understand that it's not always possible for you to freely share what's on your mind. Perhaps you are worried about naming individuals, or perhaps you do not wish to reveal your identity while sharing something confidential.  

This is not something we’d want the R Voice community to experience. We want you to feel free to share what's on your mind without fear of judgement, reach out to other researchers who can relate to you, and seek advice to deal with those complex issues that have been making you anxious. To ensure that you get the support you seek and are able to express yourself without worry, we have now opened up the R Voice community forum to anonymous posts. 

Fill out this form to request an anonymous post: https://bit.ly/R-Voice-Anonymous-Submission-Form  

Once you fill out the form, the R Voice team will review your request. In (only) some cases, we may reach you for clarifications, to make sure that your post is clear enough and your fellow R Voice community members are able to respond appropriately. Your post will be shared by the R Voice team on your behalf. We understand and respect your need for confidentiality. At no point will your identity be revealed. 

So if you have been thinking about sharing something but have been hesitating to do so – a problem that's bothering you or a situation that you would otherwise hesitate to openly talk about – we encourage you to use this form and share your thoughts anonymously. Experience the true supportive power of this community!

Comments

• Jayashree Rajagopalan
    Jayashree Rajagopalan Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 225 admin

Shout out (and a big hug) to @Dahlia T @Raj sundaram @Shruti Turner for suggesting this and discussing the need for enabling anonymous sharing on R Voice.

• Raj sundaram
    Raj sundaram Member Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭

Yaay! Anonymous posting is here!!🎊🎉🙏 Thank you for making it happen.

If a pair of hands (rather a pair of eyes and brain) is needed for moderating stuff...please count me in. 🙃

• Shruti Turner
    Shruti Turner Member Posts: 342 ✭✭✭✭

Yay!! It's great to see this development so quickly after our initial conversations - thank you to all the team behind making this happen. I second Raj's offer and I'm happy to help with moderating and sharing too. Obviously, I appreciate the team should be kept as small as possible to maintain anonymity but just in case :)

• Gustavo Arluna
    Gustavo Arluna Member Posts: 120 ✭✭✭

"Yeah! I can post now! Thank you, R Voice!"