Sail the boat!! It's Friday!! β€” R Voice

Sail the boat!! It's Friday!!

Yufita Chinta
Yufita Chinta Member Posts: 125 ✭✭✭✭

hey hey hey....

this is my brainchild born after text conversation with @Andrea Hayward in another post.

I feel so energic on Friday! A very opposite feeling I have for Monday πŸ˜… I do not know what is the psychology background behind the energetics, but I think my brain works more active when I know that I will achieve the end and I can do what I want after all.

Tonight, I am planning to have a pizza party πŸ•. I have worked hard this week in the field, so I need calorie intake πŸ˜‚

What about you? What will you have to appreciate yourself on this Friday's night?

Comments

• Andrea Hayward
    Andrea Hayward Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 573 admin

Hahaha @Yufita Chinta you've followed through on this in the best way possible! Love this post πŸ˜„

Although I don't feel as energized as you on a Friday, I have to admit that I do feel relieved and happy with whatever I've been able to achieve for that week. 😊

A pizza party sounds fantastic! And I'm absolutely in favor of treating yourself to yummy things over the weekend. Please eat one slice for me as well 😍

My plans for tonight are to binge-watch this amazing Harlan Coben-inspired Netflix series called "The Woods." I've only been able to watch one episode so far and it's got me hooked. Can't wait to find out what happens!

Happy Friday everyone! And Yufita, thanks so much for reminding us to celebrate the weekend and the little things! ❀️

• Raj sundaram
    Raj sundaram Member Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭

@Andrea Hayward First comment! Awesome!

I am right behind you on this. πŸ˜‚

• Raj sundaram

@Yufita Chinta - thank you for the post. A pizza party sounds awesome. Had one 2 weeks ago, I think. 😊 yummm...everyone deserves Pizza!

My plans: I am going to wind down a bit. Had a really bad splitting headache for the past two days and have been pushing through and doing 12 hour days. πŸ˜₯

Tonight - its going to be some yoga, breathing and zazen, nice light but healthy summer food, soothing music, and cozy sleep.

Have to work over the weekend, lots of tasks to do.

(Moving countries is no easy feat...and winding up data, TAs, chemicals, instruments, finishing up papers...phew...that's just the beginning of the list).

But have decided to pace myself, mix in some exercise - runs, walks, yogas - take it all bite-by-bite, slowly but consistently. ☺️

@Andrea Hayward - Cool!!! Have a fun Netflix binge. 🀩Need to look up that series...

Happy Friday everyone!!! πŸ€—

• Yufita Chinta

Thank you for keeping your promise as the first commentator, @Andrea Hayward I will bite a piece for you (imagine your face while chewing 😁)

I like your response about Friday: Although I don't feel as energized as you on a Friday, I have to admit that I do feel relieved and happy with whatever I've been able to achieve for that week. 😊 That's a wonderful appreciation to yourself. I am sure it can bring more positivizes to your life πŸ˜€ I don't watch Netflix, but "The Woods" sounds interesting. Maybe I'll check Netflix sometimes. Thanks for sharing it.

@Raj sundaram you are so busy. I am sorry for the headache and the 12 h working time. I am sure that you can organize all the things professionally. You know, Raj, I admire you with tons of exercise you plan/do. That assure me that you manage your healthy life and work-life balance so well. Wow....I tried zazen, but ended with a beauty sleeping 🀣

Happy Friday @Andrea Hayward , @Raj sundaram

• Mdumiseni Mazula
    Mdumiseni Mazula Member Posts: 63 ✭✭✭

So happy Friday and great weekend to everyone β€οΈπŸ’“

• Andrea Hayward

Gosh! @Raj sundaram you have so much going on! I'm feeling very grateful and special that despite all of this you still manage to make time for all of us here on R Voice! πŸ€— hugs

Moving to a new country does sound incredibly stressful, and I know this isn't your first time. I'm so glad that you're devoting time to take care of yourself. Sometimes, "winding down" is just the kind of plans we need. Also love that you're pacing yourself and taking it one day at a time. That's all any of us can ever hope for. Really hoping that this move goes smoothly for you. Always here to offer support, a listening ear, kindness, and of course an unending supply of virtual hugs!

P.S. The Harlan Coben series on Netflix is amazing! Try squeezing one in whenever you can 😊

• Kakoli Majumder
    Kakoli Majumder Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 203 admin

@Yufita Chinta I just logged in thinking of starting a fun thread for the weekend, and bingo! I land on this! Did you read my mind by any chance? :D :D But I'm so glad you're doing something fun today! A pizza party sounds great!

@Andrea Hayward I was looking for a Netflix recommendation - will definitely check out "The Woods." @Raj sundaram Can so relate to you! I just moved into my old house in Mumbai a couple of weeks ago and things have been crazy - don't even get me started! Dust everywhere, aircon and fans not working, even the windows jammed! It's been two weeks and even now something or the other needs to be fixed almost every day! I'm really tired and plan to take it easy tonight - just chilling with a couple of friends and calling it an early night. No plans of waking up until midday tomorrow! :D :D

• Shruti Turner
    Shruti Turner Member Posts: 342 ✭✭✭✭

Happy Friday to all!! I again, feel like I am late to the party...my morning meetings have totally interrupted my usual routine of R Voice to start my day!!

I am all in favour of pizza parties and binging series. It's great to hear about people's weekend routines, I find that through the various lockdowns/restrictions I have got so lazy about planning something good for the weekends. I have had the tendency to work or just lounge around bored, wishing for something to do but with no energy. Thankfully, I submitted my thesis in conjunction with some things opening up so I have got better recently and making the most of my weekends.

This weekend I am going for a picnic for a friends birthday, hopefully get some yoga in, and unfortunately will be doing some last-minute viva-prep (I feel this one lapse of weekend working is acceptable to prepare for Monday?) and other than that I will be bing-watching some TV. Currently torn between getting through Season 2 of Never Have I Ever on Netflix and finishing Line of Duty (yes I am behind the times here in the UK!) to keep me occupied.

• Yufita Chinta

Thank you @Kakoli Majumder This is started by me who always coming late: commenting on discussion about Monday’s issue on Friday ^^ I am glad I can share a little good thing.

@Shruti Turner you’re not late at all. It’s still Friday up to 23.59 πŸ˜† I agree that the pandemic reduces people’s excitement about going out. But I’m happy to know that you’re going to friend’s birthday and follow some series in Netflix. Another recommended series for @Kakoli Majumder 😊. And congratulation on submitting your thesis. Now, have fun on the weekend.

• Shruti Turner
    edited July 16

Yes, I would definitely add these to suggestions to any binge-watching list, @Kakoli Majumder . Never Have I Ever was a big hit with my whole extended family (despite being a teenage series) as it's the first time we've seen a Western-Indian protagonist in a mainstream show. Good light-hearted comedy, but really relatable (though I am not American). Line of Duty is a BBC drama, pretty heavy and definitely need to concentrate on it!

Yes - you are right after all @Yufita Chinta!! Perhaps, I can claim the issues of time difference here when I wake up to notifications of new comments. Looking forward to some down time this weekend. It's a new feeling, after student life, to appreciate a weekend for what it is....a break! It feels new to me.

• Yufita Chinta

A happy new feeling and happy Friday for you, @Shruti Turner then. Hopefully you have a great celebration.

• Raj sundaram

@Yufita Chinta

You know, Raj, I admire you with tons of exercise you plan/do. That assure me that you manage your healthy life and work-life balance so well.

Hehehe...Thank you.😍

Exercise for me is more for survival. I really need it for my physical and mental health - things would go awry - REALLY BADLY otherwise.

Wow....I tried zazen, but ended with a beauty sleeping 🀣

Hehehe...I think the purpose of Zazen is seeing reality as it is - for inner peace that leads to beauty inside and out. So, falling into a peaceful beauty sleep during Zazen is still Zazen.

Well...anything we do with full focus, awareness and truthfully is meditation - even getting angry, crying, laughing, writing papers, or getting frustrated. 🀣 All life is yoga and zazen. 😁 Wow...it got pretty philosophical there.

• Raj sundaram

Yep...its friday until 23:59 and we can choose a time zone to elongate the Friday.... πŸ˜‚ @Shruti Turner and @Yufita Chinta

• Raj sundaram

Tehehehehe...Yes. Its not my first time. Just made me think how many times I moved between countries - changing residences...(India -> UK ( 1 year), UK -> India (1 year), India -> UK (3-4 years), UK -> India (8 months), India -> Japan, and now....Japan -> Europe. Hopefully, this will be my last stop... 🀣) But this is the first time I am going to move after a stay for a long time....8 years.

Being at RVoice is my stress release valve...πŸ˜‚Thank you so much for all the virtual hugs...I am going to come back for more.

The move - I have started early enough, considering EVERYTHING that could go wrong that I know about. And leaving room (time and space) for EVERYTHING that could go wrong that I dont know about. Basically, I am going full Raj-style of disaster prediction and mitigation. 🀣

So...yeah...the to-do list is really LONG...

Got to get all my health checks done, the vaccination especially. Its a freaking mess here for younger people. The available appointments are super late, but I am trying other routes. Want to get both jabs before I leave to avoid new issues in a new country (where once again, I dont know the language and will be an illiterate with a Ph.D - just like how I landed in Japan.).

Then, there's the visa/work permit/blue card processing, finding an apartment at the new place, shipping stuff, transferring lifetime of savings (dont even ask about the red tape involved...).

Then, the various stuff in Japan. Dealing with the social security (the social security I pay into but am not eligible to avail...oh JapanπŸ˜‚), all kinds of different taxes, health insurance payments/returns. Its all in complicated Japanese language that native Japanese dont understand often. The red tape here is mind bogglingly complex.πŸ˜‚

Then...have to sell all the remaining stuff on the local craig's list type mailing list. I have been predicting a move since last year. So, I moved into a furnished apartment last year. Got rid of big things like the fridge, washing machine, etc. last year...but still, I have some small stuff remaining. Then, got to cancel my credit card and phone...at the RIGHT time!

Then....workwise - papers, all the data + raw data needs to be transferred for any future papers/IPs (I am not allowed to carry any data with me.). The lab notebooks need to be scanned, checked, and uploaded to be stored for 30 years by my institution (which I will NEVER have access to). Then, got to transfer experimental protocols, instruments and chemicals I bought need to be transferred to other managers. The technical assistants - they got to be relocated to other themes at various times depending on the budgets. So, got to make research plans for the projects after I leave for until the financial year ends. And... got to finish spending the budget before I leave (there is a deadline).

Yeah.....lot to do.....πŸ˜΅πŸ€―πŸ˜‚

Am sure...I have missed a bunch of stuff in the above....

Just kind of blabbing this out here RVoice makes me feel better....a cathartic release. πŸ˜‚

• Raj sundaram

Hehehe...completely relate, @Kakoli Majumder . Moving homes is a nightmare - moved a lot. In Japan, a lot of homes involve self-furnishing like in India. And DAMN! it taught me a lot of things I didnt know I was even capable of. For one, it brought out the weight lifter in me! Ended up carrying a fridge, dining table, washing machine, couch..... Sometimes up a flight of stairs. Not all of it together like in a cartoon.....but yeah....woah...it was hard. I was patting myself on the back for all the workouts I did that made this possible.  🀣

And moving forces us to learn new skills (had to). Dismantling massive chests of drawers, putting them back, learning to use drill machine, wrenches, various kinds of drivers, hex keys....🀣 Now, am massively into DIY and can repair pretty much anything. lolz. Of course, the skill came after I struggled for 3 days trying to put together a dismantled large chest of drawers...that occupied all the space in the room in its dismantled state. 🀣

Then....setting the new home, WAAAAAAA - another big project.

Hope things settle down with the new place soon for you. Sending you power...πŸ”₯πŸ’ͺπŸš€

Have a relaxed weekend.

• Yufita Chinta

OMG, @Raj sundaram I know how hard the domestic movement in Japan, but can’t imagine how hard your previous and current movements. Let me virtually cheering you up…

• Yufita Chinta

Hi all,

I had a nice pizza party. Before I starting the party, I decided to name piece per piece for all of you. One piece for appreciating @Andrea Hayward , one piece for appreciating @Kakoli Majumder (and cheering up for moving to the other house in India), one piece for cheering up @Raj sundaram for the international moving, and another piece for happy Friday greetings all members of R Voice. I hope your Friday night was also scrumptious 😁

• Raj sundaram
    edited July 18

Wooow...awww...πŸ’—πŸ’šβ€οΈπŸ§‘πŸ₯°πŸ˜

How sweet of you. Thank you for including us all in your party, @Yufita Chinta . And for cheering me on. γŒγ‚“γ°γ‚ŠγΎγ™γ€‚γ€‚γ€‚γ€‚πŸ‹οΈ

I really admire your self control to do all this prep of dedicating the pieces for each of us. I usually finish up the pizza within 20 min of its arrival, with less the sparkling table manners. Can't imagine having the self control to do any prep before pizza. πŸ˜πŸ˜‚

(The lab pupper's attitude to food is my attitude to pizza. Very different from the disciplined self-controlled German Shepherd good boi...🀣)

Oh....and I have very complicated feelings about sharing pizza. πŸ˜‚ You are such an angel, @Yufita Chinta to SHARE pizza.

• Yufita Chinta

You are too much @Raj sundaram I am Chinta, just Chinta. You are also too much by admiring me on the sharing attitude. As you do, sharing a lot of your experiences and advices to all of us in this beloved R Voice. But I appreciate how you call it as a self-control. Thank you.

Happy "three days to go" for you 😊

• Andrea Hayward
    edited July 19

I second @Shruti Turner's recommendation of watching Never Have I Ever. Even though it's a teenage series, I found it very culturally relatable. Also the show is created by Mindy Kaling - BONUS! 🀩

P.S. Hope you enjoyed the birthday picnic over the weekend. Must have been lovely catching up with friends!

• Andrea Hayward
    edited July 19

OH MY GOSH! @Yufita Chinta I can't believe you did this! I'm feeling so overwhelmed. We don't deserve you and your kindness 😭❀️ This is the sweetest thing ever!

Glad you had a scrumptious pizza party!

• Andrea Hayward

Wow, now that's an incredible amount of moving around! I'm very glad to hear that you're going full Raj style with disaster prediction and mitigation. These are the most uncertain times ever, so being a step ahead and extra cautious is definitely going to help. I really hope you're able to get both shots before leaving. You literally have more than enough to worry about and getting vaccinated shouldn't be one of them.

I'm a little afraid for you after reading the entire comment (and also terrified of ever moving to another country now, lol). Please trust that if I ever have to, I will seek you out for wisdom and planning skills πŸ˜„ Jokes aside, if there's anyone who can manage all the tasks you've just described, it's you! Here's hoping that it all goes smoothly and that no additional complications arise.

P.S. Hugs available whenever you need them πŸ€—

• Yufita Chinta

@Andrea Hayward I feel happier to know that you love my pizza share. You've been managed R Voice so awesome and been so kind to me and all the members of R Voice. A piece of pizza won't be enough to appreciate you. And honestly, I feel more bless when I share it for you and others 😊

I think I want to make this sharing gesture in each party I have. Maybe in each meal I have πŸ˜€ Howaaaaa....feel energetic on Tuesday!!!!🀩

• Shruti Turner

Oh gosh - in only a couple of days I feel I have so much to catch up on!! But first...that pizza @Yufita Chinta !! I feel so honoured to have been with you at the party. Hopefully, one day we can all share a pizza together in person (or maybe a few pizzas...one slice won't do it for me when I'm hungry.... πŸ˜‚)

I am so overwhelmed by the kindness of our community, of course due to the individuals in it, and in particular how this thread has developed. Sending so much love out to you all! ❀️

• Raj sundaram

Haha..@Andrea Hayward - thank you. For cheering me on, for the virtual hugs - will ask for more as I move forward for sure. πŸ˜‚

Moving countries is an experience - an adventure - it comes with pain and pleasure. I wish it on everyone with its full force. Lots of learning - about oneself and life. πŸ™‚

@Yufita Chinta - sharing advice is easy. SHARING PIZZA - on the other hand unconditionally with a pure heart, without any grudges, greed or wanting to sneak in one more slice....needs a heart of the Dalai Lama.

I am not that generous...its hard for me to share pizza. πŸ˜‚

Although, I do give it away wholeheartedly to those I consider very very close. But people need to prove themselves to win that level of closeness - sharing pizza level of closeness with me. Really - not joking! That takes a lot of work. 🀣

• Yufita Chinta

For sure, @Shruti Turner Hopefully we can have the real pizza party together, with members of R Voice if possible. Maybe occupy the pizza shop, thus we can eat as many slices as we want πŸ˜‚

ow....@Raj sundaram but I think I have the same attitude too, especially when I am hungry or angry 🀣. There, sharing advices is so difficult for me, maybe because I am overthinking person. I always a bit nervous with the results of my advices, how if it doesn't work for him/her/them. Thanks God, you are here with your tremendous brave on sharing your advices 🀩

I feel much cares and loves and kindness from all of you too. Thank you

• Shruti Turner

This is a great idea, @Yufita Chinta !!

My husband tells me (and I totally believe him) that I get Hangry...I'm really grumpy if I don't get my food πŸ˜‚ It is so difficult to know how people will take advice that is shared and even how they will react. It's good that there are people who despite this, are brave to share too! Hopefully, in this safe space, you can feel more comfortable to also share your advice :) I'm sure your knowledge can be valuable to many of us.