What's your (Monday) mantra? - Page 2 — R Voice

What's your (Monday) mantra?

2»

Comments

• Shruti Turner
    Shruti Turner Member Posts: 342 ✭✭✭✭

I think there are many of us (I'm definitely one of the "us") that can learn from your approach. The mindset is key, also I think discipline. I'm going to have to work on these things, myself to reach your level of zen!

• Shruti Turner

Welcome to the thread! Your chosen quote really is so powerful, I can feel the lift inside of my reading it and contemplating it and how I can apply it in the context of my own life.

I love that you have a book of inspirational quotes that mean so much to you. I would want to keep that book very safe for the days I need a boost. I imagine how special it is.

Thank you for reminding us of the motivational calendar! I remember this, now you have linked us! I can't believe I had forgotten it.

• Raj sundaram
    Raj sundaram Member Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭

@Kakoli Majumder

@Raj sundaram Love "Mondolences" and your fancy Latin phrase :D :D

Mondolences (TM pending) is @Jayashree Rajagopalan 's brainchild. All credit to her! And her husband - the coinventor of the genius word!

The Latin phrase - xD Always happy to be of service to clown around. 🤣

• Dahlia T
    Dahlia T Member Posts: 91 ✭✭✭✭

@Shruti Turner , one of my all time faves is 'nosce te ipsum' translated 'know thyself' 🍃

I am purposefully driven to water the soil to grow the seed that is already planted. 

• Shruti Turner
    edited July 20

That's such a powerful quote, @Dahlia T - thank you for sharing! I have no doubt that the root of much success is knowing how to wield our skills and being confident in ourselves.

• Raj sundaram
    Raj sundaram Member Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭

Ah...knowing oneself - a lifetime's project. 🙂

Getting to know the strengths AND limitations, the good and the not-so-good in ourselves. The good and not-so good that are innate (unchanging with external factors) and not so innate (changes with environment).

The bigger challenge is seeing reality as is and accepting having the wisdom to know what can and cannot be changed.

As they say in Japanese - 複雑 (fukuzatsu) - intricate. But worth it!

Dont you think so, my friend, @Dahlia T ...🙂

• Isurika Sevwandi
    Isurika Sevwandi Member Posts: 58 ✭✭✭

What a nice remembering of "Atomic Habits". Love the book and I have deepened my life perspective a lot by only reading the short-form of this book. A good recommendation for everyone out there and I rely on many wordings mentioned in this book, for example, " Success is the product of daily habits - not once in a lifetime transformation" which totally resonated with me 😄

• Isurika Sevwandi
    Isurika Sevwandi Member Posts: 58 ✭✭✭

Billions of sorries for the late response @Jayashree Rajagopalan but your response took me to my childhood once again and couldn't stop replying to this thread. I had the same passion for collecting motivational quotes on Pinterest and creating my own board there. Then I though it is not good to keep it only for me but I should share it with others as well to help them give a kick-start for their daily routine, specific tasks, life goals or anything that they procastinate/ struggle to start and keep continuing. Then I decided that I would share each quote everyday morning (around 6.00 a.m. IST) as a WhatsApp status giving some meaning to social media life which all of us start as soon as we wake up literallly (even though we don't get up from the bed 😉)

BTW, redirecting to Monday mantra, the quote that resonated with me this long to get into work is actually "work hard in silence - let your success be the noise" which is the quote before my email signature. I always believe in silent work and loud results instead of bragging about things, never going to the actual task at hand. Silence is actually a super power only a little can handle.