A warm welcome to the newest members of R Voice! — R Voice

A warm welcome to the newest members of R Voice!

Andrea Hayward
Andrea Hayward Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 513 admin

It's been a busy couple of weeks here on the R Voice Community, and I'm sure you've been seeing a lot of new names and faces -- Let's welcome them! 😊

To all of our new members - Welcome to the R Voice Community. It's great to have you here! We're all very keen to get to know more about you. So if you're new here, please go ahead and introduce yourself in the comments section below.

You could share things like:

1. Where you're from
  2. What you currently do / your area of research
  3. Things outside of work such as your hobbies, pets, what you like to do for fun, etc.

I look forward to getting to know you all, and can't wait for you to jump in on community discussions! 🙂

@Arthur Meiers @Naoko Nakajima @Seonchil Kim @XL H @Akane Murakami @Tomoko Saitoh @Yumi Takemura @Babatunde Salami @Guoqing Fan @Mika Sakaki @Hyunji Hong @Tomoyuki Mochida @Konstantinos Skarentzos @Takumi Watanabe @Howard Whitman @Leonardo Anesio @Kimie Takehara @Yukiko Suzuki @Yu Matsubara @Teruyo Ishijima @Hideki Ohtsu @Debjani Banerjee @Haneul Choi @Dohee Kim @Amey Parab @Yuriko Nakao @Hideaki Nitta @Assadig Almhdy Abdelrhman Abakr @jude azavedo @Elaina Witch @Guillermo cotrina @Muhammad Ilyas @oyeniran segun @Neil Blair @Fatima Uzar @Asiel Miranda @Yau-hsien Huang @Sharvani Gadgil @Syed Abdullah @Andre Bem @Muhammad Irwan Padli Nasution @leonard waks

Tagged:

Comments

• Hi Andrea,

Thank you for the warm welcome. That is kind of you.

I am Florence Basiimwa Tushemerirwe, from Uganda, in East Africa.

My area of research - The Food Environment and Health Policy, in a bid to prevent Childhood Obesity and Non-Communicable Diseases.

I like to exercise, and every morning, I walk for not less than 6 kilometres. I also love to eat healthily.

For fun, I love to travel and view fresh scenery. I also read self-help books and swim.

I look forward to meeting more R Voicers.

Florence

• Andrea Hayward
    Andrea Hayward Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 513 admin

Hi @Florence Basiimwa Tushemerirwe. Thanks for the quick introduction. It's lovely to meet you and I'm so glad you're here on R Voice! Your research area is both interesting and admirable. You're doing such good, impactful work and I'd love to learn more about it. 🙂

It's always wonderful to meet a fellow exercise buff. I love to workout and eat healthy too! Despite the lockdown restrictions around where I live, I try to workout at least 4 days a week and it's been going quite well. Hoping to get back to my walks and runs soon (6 kms is amazing, by the way!)

Finally, since you like to travel, I think you'll really enjoy the comments on this post. Don't miss the pictures 😃

• Shruti Turner
    Shruti Turner Member Posts: 318 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @Florence Basiimwa Tushemerirwe - it's great to have you on board with RVoice. I'd love to hear more about your research, particularly in relation to non-communicable diseases. My research is focused on improving quality of life and prosthetic socket related issues for people with amputations, so I'm interested in whether your research can perhaps help inform mine. As diabetes is one of the leading causes of amputation in some parts of the world, I know there is research on this but I'd be interested to hear about how you feel the food environment and health policy could influence this and even potentially help post-amputation.