How are you doing guys? — R Voice

How are you doing guys?

Babatunde Salami
Babatunde Salami Member Posts: 5

I am Salami, from Nigeria, living in Saudi Arabia. Currently doing my postdoc.

Its a very good feeling I am part of a research community I wanna meet. I am open to sharing and consuming new knowledge, collaborations, etc.

So...

Its good to be here. Any concrete materials researcher in the house? Let's catch up!

Comments

• chris leonard
    chris leonard Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 138 admin

Hi Salami - I'm not a concrete materials researcher, but good to meet you anyway! I'm interested - how did you end up in Saudi Arabia? Everyone has their own story. I spent 6 years living in Doha, Qatar - so I share something in common (kind of) with you :-) - Picture below is how I remember most of it - stuck in traffic.

• Babatunde Salami
    Babatunde Salami Member Posts: 5

Hi Chris! I am glad you reached out man, that's so lovely. My masters in KFUPM through the benevolence of the King brought me to Saudi Arabia, one of the best decisions of my life. I had the chance to meet and interact with a lot of awesome people from different countries. I worked a bit in construction BUT the academic in me wants a PhD, so I left for my doctorate in USM Malaysia. Came back to Saudi Arabia for my postdoc, which I will be finishing soon and phew... off to Turkey to pick up a lecturing position later in the year... Thanks again Chris, I agree, we definitely have a lot in common, I can't wait to meet the other common things. Nice to e-meet you man. Cheer!

• Andrea Hayward
    Andrea Hayward Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 513 admin

@Babatunde Salami welcome to the R Voice Community! It's great to have you here ☺️

What a fascinating journey you've had so far! I'm sure that travelling to different countries during your academic journey has given you an insight into cultural differences in academia. I'd love to hear your take on things that are drastically different in how academia functions in different countries, and other things that remain largely the same.

But here's an easier question that I'm curious about - Which is your favorite cuisine? I'm sure it's difficult to choose just one at this point 😃