Vaccination confidence: How can we build the confidence of the masses to increase vaccination uptake?
1) Our Leaders need to lead by example. Church leaders (Bishops, Priest, Pastors and Clergy), Traditional rulers, Heads of schools, Politicians, Senators, House of Representatives, Governors commissioners, Chairmen, Gate keepers, Ward and party leaders need to show their followers/ masses that they have taken their own vaccination. They would serve as influencers.
2) The media has a huge role to play. The same media tactics Nigeria used in 2014 during Ebola outbreak should be adopted. It did a lot of magic, helped solve communication problems and brought about great result.
3) Nigerian celebrities have a lot of fans. Celebrities would have a positive influence on their fans using social media (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Tik tok etc) to encourage the masses to get vaccinated.
4) Story telling: Using emotional intelligence to tell stories regarding COVID - 19 and the benefits of being vaccinated.
5) Incentives and empowerment programs will help alot of women and children in rural communities build vaccination confidence. Because if really we care about health of the public/mass/Nation we should also pay attention to poverty. #vaccination #covax #gavi #health #publichealth #awareness #communication #media #bbc #coregroup #unicef #who #vaccinationcovid19 #vaccinationconfidence