What's that? A new logo? — R Voice

What's that? A new logo?

chris leonard
chris leonard Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 69 admin

Hi. You might have noticed a new logo on the site. It's not a mistake, it's a part of a gradual rebranding exercise you'll notice over the coming weeks. We might have to say goodbye to this 'interesting' purple colour in favour of an easier-to-read blue, and we'll be more obviously a part of the researcher.life ecosystem. I'll post more on that later when this exercise is complete. Otherwise it's business as usual round these parts :-)

Comments

• Raj sundaram
    Raj sundaram Member Posts: 170 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the update, Chris. For a minute I wondered if I landed on a mirror site...or if something fishy is going on! 🤣

• Shruti Turner
    Shruti Turner Member Posts: 64 ✭✭✭

Thanks for the update, @chris leonard - I did think I was going crazy! I for one love the purple colour so will be sad to see it go. I'd love to know more about the thoughts behind the rebrand and how accessibility requirements have played into this. I'm excited see what's coming 😃

• Asli Telli
    Asli Telli Member Posts: 28 ✭✭✭

miss the purple touch in the former logo, but excited to hear about the alignment with the researcher.life ecosystem:)

• chris leonard

Added a little Mondriaan inspired header image to gently ease us into saying good bye to purple.

• Raj sundaram

@chris leonard - Haha. I see what you did there. And love the Mondrian-inspiration.

• chris leonard

Hidden it again for now. Will be back next week, logo fans.

• Raj sundaram

@chris leonard - Peekaboo!😂

My sleep cycles have been messed up because of an online conference all last week. Actually, since last Friday the circus was on with file uploads on the conference site. Messed up is a thorough understatement.

Essentially, have been working 9:00-20:00 JST + a US conference from 21:00-1:00 officially -> 1:00-3:00 unofficially....] . The circus went on till the recent Friday. I didnt sleep nearly everyday, and everyday I was asking people which day of the week is this. 🤣

Amidst all this - honestly, the logo changes have made me question my sanity, adding a comical element to my life. 🤣