Resources/Help for writing a qualitative research paper — R Voice

Resources/Help for writing a qualitative research paper

Vinti Agarwal
Vinti Agarwal Member Posts: 7

Hi,

I am primarily a quantitative researcher but recently worked on a qualitative project. I need help in converting the findings into a publishable paper.

Looking to touch base with a qualitative researcher.

Thanks

Comments

• Shruti Turner
    Shruti Turner Member Posts: 70 ✭✭✭

Hi Vinti, I was in a similar position to you not very long ago - I am primarily a quantitative researcher and I fell down some holes which I found out after my paper was rejected. I spoke to my supervisor who knew someone good with qualitative research, not quite in the same field, but very helpful and helped me address the reviewers feedback so I could submit the paper for review again. Not sure if that's something that you feel able to do? I have generally found my supervisor's connections more willing and understanding, potentially due to the personal link.

• Vinti Agarwal
    Vinti Agarwal Member Posts: 7

Dear Shruti,

I do not have a supervisor so looking for someone who can help me just direct me to resources and generally help with some suggestions as how to structure it.

Keeping fingers crossed

Thanks

• Shruti Turner
    Shruti Turner Member Posts: 70 ✭✭✭

@Vinti Agarwal - that makes sense! In the meantime, whilst waiting for someone to get in contact my top tip would be to have a look at the journal(s) you think you want to publish in and have a look at how similar articles are structured. A good place to start for journal hunting is often by using the references in your own work as a guide. I have done this for both qualitative and quantitative work and it is helpful as a preliminary guide. Also, I was recommended a book called Qualitative Research Practice by Ritchie and Lewis which I found helpful to get an understanding of the methods and how to write them up.