I earned a peer reviewer certificate from Publons Academy — R Voice

I earned a peer reviewer certificate from Publons Academy

Ruchika Yogesh
Ruchika Yogesh Member Posts: 10 ✭✭✭

Hello Everyone,

Peer reviewing is essential for a healthy research publication system. Last week I completed a peer-review certification course offered by Publons Academy. The course includes completing 10 course modules and writing reviews on two papers - that are further reviewed by a mentor - to earn a certificate and a badge displayed on Publon's profile. Publons Academy is now shifted to the web of science academy comprising some wonderful courses on peer review. I am sharing the link below for those who want to have a look.

https://webofscienceacademy.clarivate.com/learn

Comments

• Kakoli Majumder
    Kakoli Majumder Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 67 admin

Wow! That's awesome! Heartiest congratulations @Ruchika Yogesh! And thanks for sharing the link to the Web of Science academy. I just enrolled for the "Mentoring in Peer Review" course. Plan to take some of their other courses too. :)

• Ruchika Yogesh
    Ruchika Yogesh Member Posts: 10 ✭✭✭

Thank you, @Kakoli Majumder! That is really wonderful. All the best for the successful completion of the course you chose.

• Jayashree Rajagopalan
    Jayashree Rajagopalan Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 103 admin

Congratulations @Ruchika Yogesh This is great! How did you find the courses though? And does this mean, you're expanding your current interests and availability to peer reviewing for journals as well?

• Jayashree Rajagopalan
    Jayashree Rajagopalan Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 103 admin

Looks like you're already following a very focused approach @Ruchika Yogesh and diving deeper into getting equipped with the learning and skills you need. It'll be nice to have your learnings and advice from these courses (once you're done) documented as a sort of helpful article for others who want to follow a similar path. I read your post on plagiarism and that inspired this idea. 😀

• Andrea Hayward
    Andrea Hayward Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 192 admin

I personally love it when someone in the community shares an achievement or success story! So thank you for sharing this with us @Ruchika Yogesh and congratulations on this wonderful milestone! 😊

Also, I have to add that I really admire your passion and dedication towards skill development. I'm sure that carving out time to complete 10 course modules in your already packed schedule was no easy feat, and you're still keen to further your learning. It's very inspiring! 🙂

• Yufita Chinta
    Yufita Chinta Member Posts: 58 ✭✭✭

Congratulation 🎉 @Ruchika Yogesh

And thank you for sharing your passion through the live event in Researcher Voice (FB platform). Looking forward to hearing more from you 😊

• Soumi Paul
    Soumi Paul Member Posts: 106 ✭✭✭

Many many congratulations to you for your achievement, @Ruchika Yogesh. It is nice how you are sharing your achievement and at the same time guiding us to be more skilled.