Global Survey on the Effect of Insomnia on Academia & Research — R Voice

Global Survey on the Effect of Insomnia on Academia & Research

Soumi Paul
Soumi Paul Member Posts: 138 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 16 in Publication Support

Greetings!

I hope you all are safe and doing good in this amidst pandemic!

I am Soumi Paul, a research scholar at Bharathidasan University, Department of Environmental Biotechnology, Trichy, Tamil Nadu, India. As a part of my Ph.D. project work, I have prepared a Global Survey on the Effect of Insomnia on Academia & Research. The participants can be students, researchers, faculties, scientists, others involved in academia and research of any nation. The survey is open from May 2021 to August 2021.

Please take part in this survey to make its academic purpose successful. Also, don't forget to circulate it in your academic network. Survey link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeQcBHGFg1r-neQS_bVNUWRkuafLrar-M7GwJFBoao03V90Qw/viewform?usp=sf_link

Thank you!

Regards,

Soumi Paul

Tagged:

Comments

• Soumi Paul
    edited May 17

@Kakoli Majumder @Andrea Hayward @chris leonard @Dahlia T @Lidia Lins @Jayashree Rajagopalan @Adriana Bankston @Shruti Turner @Raj sundaram @Ruchika Yogesh @Isurika Sevwandi @Yufita Chinta I tagged as we have interacted before. Pls take part in this survey and spread it in your academic and research circle.

• chris leonard
    chris leonard Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 127 admin

The URL to the form is showing an error

• Soumi Paul

I need your attention to this survey. Pls make it a success by participating and spreading in your network.

• Dahlia T
    Dahlia T Member Posts: 90 ✭✭✭✭

I am purposefully driven to water the soil to grow the seed that is already planted. 

• Soumi Paul

Hi there, I request all international R Voicers to kindly participate in this survey to make it a successful one. Also, pls tag your academic and researcher friends, colleagues.

• Syed Abdullah
    Syed Abdullah Member Posts: 1

Suomi Paul, How much response you have received as of now and is it a safe practice to post survey studies link on this platform. I haven't used it as of now and would like to know about the feasibility of such platforms? Please guide me through.

• Soumi Paul

Dear @Syed Abdullah, this is an academic platform to share your foreground and background research life stories. You can very much use this platform to connect with academic like-minded people, share your work, collaborate, propose any idea of work, express your negative experience in academia if you have any. You can do all these under different topics here. Please let me know if you need more assistance expressing yourself as an academic here.

My survey till now got 150 responses. I am looking for more responses from other countries' participants. Please join the survey to enrich my data collection and spread it among your fellow academicians. More the responses better the data interpretations.

• Andrea Hayward
    Andrea Hayward Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 454 admin
    edited June 11

@Soumi Paul thank you for sharing such a kind and quite apt description of the R Voice Community! 😊

@Syed Abdullah Welcome to R Voice - It's great to have you here! I'm one of the hosts of this community and as Soumi has explained, this community welcomes your thoughts and experiences on what it's like to be a researcher and on academia in general - both positive and negative. You could also talk about your work and explore potential collaborations. But most of all, this community is a space where researchers empower and support each other, while also learning and growing. 😊

If you have any more questions you'd like answered, please feel free to send me a personal message here on R Voice.

• Soumi Paul
  • Soumi Paul

Hello @Adaora Anyichie - Odis, it's nice to know you recently by virtual meet. It'd be nice if you could join the survey and spread the same for others to participate. 😊

• Soumi Paul

Hello all. I again came back to this post for commenting because I found some new information to share. It may help you to boost your survey if you are running one.

So, I have been going through suggestive articles and collecting all your valuable opinions here (and other social media platforms) to enrich my survey responses. Recently, I found one article (also observed some other survey emails) that suggested mentioning the time survey would take to boost outreach.

When I began, I started spreading words about the survey giving max details. Then boosted the survey by minimizing words, then used popular hashtags, tagged popular academic forums. But, since yesterday, I am boosting the survey mentioning it'd take 5 minutes to complete. And, guess what, I got another 36 responses in less than 24 hours.

So, the moral of the story, surveys (that are not offering any reward in exchange) get a good boost by mentioning the time (along with precise use of words and tags and hashtags).

I hope it helps!

Thank you! ☺️

• Andrea Hayward
    Andrea Hayward Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 454 admin

Great tip @Soumi Paul! Your commitment to learning new ways to collect survey responses is admirable. And I've been noticing your efforts on Twitter too. I was looking at #AcademicTwitter just this morning and your tweet happened to be in the top-5 on the feed. That's immense progress!

I'm starting to see how you managed to win the referral contest of the CACTUS Mental Health Survey. Your efforts were invaluable in helping us get a lot more survey responses. 🙂

• Soumi Paul

Thank you! I hope to remain always this helpful! ☺️