A warm welcome to everyone who has just joined us after Mary's webinar on academic mental health! — R Voice

A warm welcome to everyone who has just joined us after Mary's webinar on academic mental health!

Andrea Hayward
Andrea Hayward Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 513 admin

Welcome to all of you, who have just joined the R Voice Community after attending Dr. Mary McMillan's webinar on mental health in academia - what an insightful session, right? 🙂

I'm Andrea from the session (in case it wasn't clear 😄) and I'm also one of the hosts of this community. I'm SO happy that you've decided to join R Voice and it's lovely to have you here!

I think I speak for the entire R Voice Community when I say that we're very keen to get to know you. So if you're new here, please go ahead and introduce yourself in the comments section below.

You could share things like:

1. Where you're from
  2. What you currently do / your area of research
  3. Things outside of work such as your hobbies, pets, what you like to do for fun, etc.

I look forward to getting to know you all, and can't wait for you to jump in on community discussions! 🙂

@lwandisile macebo @Maribel Garcia-Ibanez @Sarah V. White @Masud Choudhury @Nicholas Rowe @ELVIRISTO REYES @Mpati Ramatsoku @Gustavo Arluna @MERCY MBEWE @Arsalan Zaidi @Poonam Sen @Surbhi Pawar @SHARIFAH ZULIA BALQISH S. AGIL @Akshay Badakere @Diptangshu Paul @Prajjwal Dhungana @Olorunfemi Omonigbehin @Niraj Shrestha @Hafiz Muhammad Imran @norma mariano @Joyce Tsui @Jyoti Koirala @Kundai Jimu @Aniqa Arslan @Omowale Abiodun @chaitan kumar @Mohammad Mohammadi @Fatma Ci̇han @Hadeel AL-Qaisi @Tania Laghari @Ajaya Bhattarai @Hasith Priyashantha @Phatsimo Ramatsabana @Abdul Malik @Chamal Kohombakadawala @Dame Dingding @Kalthoum Riahi @Simge M. Vit @amy zile @heta meto @Anwar Roble @Veethika Acharya @Łukasz Cieszyński @JABER KADHIM TAHER @Dharmindar Kumar @Princess Joy Tumaliuan @Kelsey Nebbe @Mst. Taskia Khatun @Mou Dutta @Antonina Santos @Maginsh Dahal @Ramesh Gupta

Tagged:

Comments

• chris leonard
    chris leonard Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 138 admin

Especially the pets part!

• Kalthoum Riahi
    Kalthoum Riahi Member Posts: 1

Thanks, Andrea!

I am Kalthoum, a researcher in Materials science. I am raised and based in Tunisia in north Africa.

I have been living in the Netherlands last three years, working there as a post-doc researcher. Now, I am looking for a new job!

I am passionate about R&D updates, traveling & discovering new places.

Thanks for this community and for the webinar about mental health! really it was interesting as we all need to take care of our mental health.

• Andrea Hayward

@Kalthoum Riahi thanks for telling us a little bit about yourself! If I'm not mistaken, I believe you're the first community member to join from Tunisia (milestone alert 😃). Lots of other travel buffs here in the community so I'm sure you'll feel right at home 🙂

Thank you for your kind words about the webinar we just had. We're already planning the next one and I hope you can attend.

• Simge M. Vit
    Simge M. Vit Member Posts: 4

Thanks for the warm welcome, Andrea!

I am Simge from Turkey, I am an undergraduate Psychology student. I am interested in many fields of study apart from psychology, such as neuroscience, artificial intelligence, anthropology and gender studies. I am an advocate of gender equality, I work at an organization as a volunteer. Besides reading, I love singing! I like meeting new people as well.

I enjoyed the webinar very much, thank you for organizing. I think that we all should be able to discuss mental health issues without the fear of exclusion.

Warm regards,

Simge

• Andrea Hayward

Welcome to R Voice @Simge M. Vit and thank you for the introduction. I'm overwhelmed by how much we have in common - I too studied Psychology and Anthropology in my undergraduate days and I also love to sing! I've also done a short course on the Psychology of Gender. What are the odds!

Glad you enjoyed the webinar, and I look forward to having more conversations with you. 😊

• Tania Laghari
    Tania Laghari Member Posts: 3
    edited May 14

Thank you for the warm welcome, Andrea!

I'm Tania Laghari, lecturer, Department of English, Shaheed Benazir Bhutto University, Shaheed Benazirabad, Sindh, Pakistan. I'm also a ph.d scholar (Applied Linguistics) in Wuhan University, China. This is my last semester, and I'm preparing for my final defence. Besides, I'm an evid reader. I love reading books from a variety of genres like historical fiction, fantasy, thrillers.

I really enjoyed the webinar today and thank you so much for providing us such a great opportunity to connect with other researchers around the globe.

Cheers!

Tania.

• Simge M. Vit
    Simge M. Vit Member Posts: 4

@Andrea Hayward Wow, it is overwhelming indeed! I would like to have a conversation, too! I genuinely enjoy talking about the fields I am interested in and I like listening the experiences of the fellows, I learn so much from those experiences!

• norma mariano
    norma mariano Member Posts: 3

I am Norma Mariano a retiree from the US living in the Philippines, my homeland. I am a teacher for the undergraduate and graduate school (and still is) and an author of textbooks. I am not really into research although a had written a thesis for my MBA and a dissertation for my Ph. D. I even taught Research for the undergraduate.

Thank you for the free webinar, which was very informative. Hope to attend more webinars in the future.

God bless.

• Andrea Hayward

@Tania Laghari thank you for your kind words about Friday's webinar and also about R Voice . We're so glad that you're going to be part of our community. You must be so busy now that you're preparing for your final defense. I just want to take this moment to congratulate you on making it this far - You did it! 🙂

Because you like reading, I'd like to direct you towards an interesting thread started by another book lover in our community @Dahlia T. I have a good feeling that you'll find this interesting!