Ice Breaker Questions
Here's a list of questions and topics you might want to select from when you are introducing yourself to the community. Some are fun, some work-related, all will help others get to know you better and quicker. Here goes!
- What are the 5 words that best describe you?
- Using a picture/GIF, describe how things are going with you right now.
- Complete the sentence: "I love being a researcher because..."
- How do you introduce yourself to other researchers?
- Are you doing your PhD away from your family/in another country?
- Do you get enough sleep during your PhD?
- Who is your research idol?
- Who in your life makes your research journey easier?
- What is one thing that bothers you most about being in academia?
- What is the one activity/hobby you engage in when you feel like you need a break from your work/research?
- What is the best and worst part of being a researcher?
- What does a typical weekend look like for you?