Hello, everybody! Nice to be here. — R Voice

Hello, everybody! Nice to be here.

Hi, I'm Kristína. I finished my PhD in August in clinical biochemistry in Slovakia. Since then I haven't found a job due to covid regulations in our country and a pregnancy. But I will be on track soon, I believe! 😎

I am really delighted to find this community because academic world suprised me in terms of work-load and relationships. But as I'm not a quitter and the passion for science didn't disappear, I'm fighting to learn how to both - survive & enjoy the researcher's life.

Comments

• Raj sundaram
    Raj sundaram Member Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭

@Kristína Krajcikova Welcome to R Voice! To the club of survivors and passionate fighters here! 😊

Hope you will enjoy conversations and discussions on R Voice about academia, research, researcher life....

Yes - the pandemic has indeed made finding positions a tad more difficult than usual. Keep fighting, while taking care of yourself. Good luck!

Also, curious - how is the pandemic situation panning out in Slovakia and has affected your own life as a mum and researcher?

• Jayashree Rajagopalan
    Jayashree Rajagopalan Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 225 admin

@Kristína Krajcikova hello! Welcome to R Voice - and @Raj sundaram couldn't have said it better - this is a club of survivors and passionate fighters. The past year has been rather strange and altered life as we know it almost beyond recognition. It's inspiring to hear you say that you're not a quitter despite the demands of your personal and academic responsibilities.

This is an open platform and a pretty safe space for you to share anything you feel like. As you may already have seen we have quite an interesting bunch of passionate academics here and pretty much love chatting with and supporting each other 🙂 I look forward to hearing more from you!

• Isurika Sevwandi
    Isurika Sevwandi Member Posts: 58 ✭✭✭

Love the part "academic world surprised me in terms of work-load and relationships"

such a wonderful way to reveal the genuinely deep reality inside academic world which is more deeper than ever can understood unless you fall into it. LoL 😊