Digitally track your sustainable living!!!

Digitally track your sustainable living!!!

Soumi Paul
Soumi Paul Member Posts: 27 ✭✭

I love scientific writings on different time-relevant topics. So, I write and send them for publications in scientific magazines, newsletters so far (Besides, I enjoy them more cause these publications don't make me cry so much like my Ph.D. paper publication!!!). So, it goes like the following. Since last year, I started following more the path of sustainable living as much as possible. And I used digital media to track my living output. I felt why not write my experience! And share to encourage enthusiastic naturalist citizens. So here is my "The Digital Direction for Citizens to Protect the Environment" published in CEiBa newsletters (https://www.researchgate.net/publication/344545207_CEiBa_Newsletter_Volume_3_Issue_3).

I'd love it if you give it a read and let me know what you think about it!!!!

Thank you!!!!!

Comments

• Kakoli Majumder
    Kakoli Majumder Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 24 admin

Thanks for sharing this @Soumi Paul! Just read through your article and loved the idea of digitally tracking our efforts at sustainable living. Over the past decade, there has been a significant increase in awareness about preserving the environment through sustainable living, and most of us, I think try in their own little ways to follow the path of sustainable living. However, being able to track it with easy to use applications will, I'm sure, increase the efforts manifold. This is an excellent initiative, and I'm so glad you're spreading word about this. I'll definitely start using some of these apps and would encourage others to do the same.

• Soumi Paul

Thank you so much. Your words motivated me to write much more and better a lot. 😊

• Andrea Hayward
    Andrea Hayward Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 74 admin

@Soumi Paul just went through your article - thank you for sharing it! In particular, the part entitled "Know your plastic diet" really made me sit up and take notice. I found it very interesting to see how you've been using an app to track and thereby minimize your own consumption of plastic products. You've given me a lot to think about and reflect on. 🙂

• Jayashree R
    Jayashree R Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 43 admin

Wow @Soumi Paul thanks for this - I think once we start consciously tracking how sustainability is (or is not) a part of our lives, it's easier to identify areas that you could make tiny but important adjustments to. I agree that with a user-friendly tracking system, it might even become fun and rewarding!

• Soumi Paul

Thank you so much! I am so happy to be a help!

• Soumi Paul

Indeed!! The reward for us is a reward for nature! 😊

• Soumi Paul

I'd like to get opinions on this post. Is it worth sharing on FB?