Hello from Austria — R Voice

Hello from Austria

Hi all,

My name is Nada, I came to Austria to study for a PhD. My research interests are agent-based simulation and data science.

Apart from my academic study, I like travelling, hiking, and playing guitar.

It is a pleasure to meet you all.

Comments

• Andrea Hayward
    Andrea Hayward Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 577 admin
    edited April 5

Hi Nada. Welcome to the R Voice Community - it's wonderful to have you here! 🙂

I see that you're studying in Austria now, so where are you originally from?

P.S. I have a special admiration for you because I tried my hand at learning to play the guitar and horribly failed. Now my guitar collects dust on the loft like a pencil that falls behind the bed but it too far to reach and so it stays there forever lol 😄

• Lidia Lins
    Lidia Lins Member Posts: 48 ✭✭✭

Welcome Nada!😍

• Jayashree Rajagopalan
    Jayashree Rajagopalan Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 225 admin

Hello Nada! Welcome to R Voice. It's great to see you here. You mentioned moving to Austria for a PhD - where did you move from? And how are you finding adjusting to life in another country? And I am a fellow travel bug :-) I miss travelling terribly - especially since I haven't been able to go anywhere in the past couple of years and thanks to the pandemic, it looks less likely that I can travel again anywhere soon. But I look forward to it. What's your favorite travel destination so far? Mine was Bali.

• nada gh
    nada gh Member Posts: 1

Hi Jayashree. Thanks for greeting :).

I am originally from Yemen. My first impression about Austria, the nature is amazing, but I didn't have the chance to move around and travel to other countries because of the pandemic. The culture here is totally different, I have some difficulty to adapt since I am still not good in the language.

I want to go to Africa- Zanzibar Island :)

• nada gh
    nada gh Member Posts: 1

Thanks Andrea :)

I am from Yemen.

I just started learning the guitar, it hurts but I keep the momentum, hopefully I will master the skill once :)

Have a wonderful day!

• Kakoli Majumder
    Kakoli Majumder Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 204 admin

Hey Nada! Welcome to R Voice!

Austria is such a beautiful country! I also love traveling and have visited Salzburg and Innsbruck. I went there in winter a few years ago and everything around seemed so pristine...it was almost surreal! Where are you based? Have you been able to see a few places around? I'd love to see some pictures, and I'm sure the others will too, especially now that most of us aren't able to travel. :)