Welcome to everyone who has just joined us after Shruti's webinar on work-life balance! :)

Welcome to everyone who has just joined us after Shruti's webinar on work-life balance! :)

Andrea Hayward
Andrea Hayward Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 74 admin
edited March 30 in Everything & Anything

Welcome to all of you, who have just joined our community after attending Shruti Turner's webinar on work-life balance in academia! ๐Ÿ™‚

I'm Andrea from the session (in case it wasn't clear ๐Ÿ˜„) and I'm also one of the hosts on the R Voice Community. I'm SO happy that you've decided to join the community and look forward to getting to know you.

A little tip on how you can get started - Introduce yourself in our Meet & Greet section - https://voice.researcher.life/categories/meet. Just post a little bit about yourself, tell us what you do for work, what you do for fun, and any other details that you'd like us to know. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Also, I'm really keen to hear what you thought of the Shruti's session - Tell me in the comments!

Comments

• Percy Mdunge
    Percy Mdunge Member Posts: 2 โœญ

I thought the session was refreshing, I also thought I came across the session much later than I would have liked to come across it, at the same time I also don't think the session would have resonated with me as much as it did if I had not gone through such an intense year since the start of the pandemic.

How I'm feeling post-session: conflicted, I'm already burnt out ready to go a different path yet there is something about the session that says all is not lost. So basically I have some reflecting to do. Thank you for the community and space to share ones thoughts openly.

• Andrea Hayward
    Andrea Hayward Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 74 admin

@Percy Mdunge thank you for your kind, generous feedback about the session. I'm very glad that you came across the session as well as this community exactly at a time when you needed it. Things have a way of falling into place sometimes.

I hope this community can offer you the support you need on this next phase of your journey. ๐Ÿ™‚