Boundaries — R Voice

Boundaries

Dahlia T
Dahlia T Member Posts: 32 ✭✭✭

I am purposefully driven to water the soil to grow the seed that is already planted. 

Comments

• Andrea Hayward
    Andrea Hayward Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 82 admin
    edited March 24

@Dahlia T this is a beautiful message, and so so true! Thank you for sharing this with us ☺️

I personally maintain that the people who truly care about us and our wellbeing with never have an issue with our boundaries. Instead they'll gladly respect our boundaries and even help us maintain them. These are the kind of people we should all strive to surround ourselves with. 🙂

• Dahlia T
    Dahlia T Member Posts: 32 ✭✭✭

@Andrea Hayward , you are most welcome. Good things deserve to be shared. Interestingly, that very day someone brought up the issue of boundaries ... and later when I saw this image, I thought, how beautiful. It captured the very essence!

I am purposefully driven to water the soil to grow the seed that is already planted. 

• Isurika Sevwandi
    Isurika Sevwandi Member Posts: 34 ✭✭✭

Love what both of you have said. As a schoolchild, I always worked and put much effort on maintaining my boundaries than my peer groups. I never felt it was discouraging. It always motivated me to build up my unique character which I think the best possession I have. No one can replace me and sometimes my boundaries in everything defines me (usually my companions defines/ introduces me to others in terms of my boundaries which is of course something to cherish). Even in any kind of relationship (academic/ professional/ personal etc.) we should acknowledge others boundary lines and should not invade them or ask/ force them to do so. If they think we are worthy of adjusting their boundaries back and forth, they would definitely do it and I have come across such situations. Yet, we should accept the confinements set by other people and prioritize their privacy and the hidden reasons that has made them to set such boundaries (sometimes at the earlier stages of their lives).